https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2 ... T1fAxB4FUw
HAYDN Piano Sonata No. 62 in E flat major, Hob. XVI:52This recording is the first of a collection of recordings made for Vladimir Horowitz's private use of concerts given in New York's Carnegie Hall. The recordings were captured on 78rpm acetate discs and survive in various states of disrepair in a collection held at Yale University.
I have worked from high quality transfers which had had side joins made (with various degrees of success) but no further processing or cleaning up. In the present recording the very opening arpeggiated chord comes in very slightly late as a solid rather than broken chord; otherwise everything is present.
By trimming applause I've been able to fit the main body of the concert onto a single CD; encores are available in all download versions, including the free MP3s which accompany this CD, and may be incorporated into a separate CD release in due course.
The tonal quality of the piano here is exceptional. I had to deal with some surface noise and swish, but overall this is a splendid release, only a small part of which has been previously issued.
1. 1st mvt. - Allegro moderato (5:41)
2. 2nd mvt. - Adagio (4:28)
3. 3rd mvt. - Presto (3:55)
4. SCHUBERT Impromptu in G flat major, Op. 90 No. 3, D899 (6:47)
5. SCRIABIN Vers la flamme, Op. 72 (5:11)
6. SCRIABIN Poème in F-sharp major, Op.32 No.1 (3:09)
7. SCRIABIN Etude in F-sharp major, Op.42 No.4 (2:23)
8. SCRIABIN Etude in D-sharp minor, Op.8 No.12 (2:12)
KABALEVSKY Piano Sonata No. 3 in F major, Op. 49
9. 1st mvt. - Allegro con moto (5:41)
10. 2nd mvt. - Andante cantabile (4:37)
11. 3rd mvt. - Allegro giocoso (4:50)
12. CHOPIN Fantasie in F minor, Op.49 (12:29)
13. CHOPIN Nocturne in E minor, Op.72 No.1 (4:33)
14. CHOPIN Impromptu No.1 in A-flat major, Op.29 (3:36)
15. CHOPIN Nocturne in F-sharp major, Op.15 No.2 (3:38)
16. CHOPIN Polonaise in A-flat major, Op.53 (6:42)
Encores - Included in downloads only (NB. CD includes MP3 download of these items)
17. SCARLATTI Sonata in E major, K.380 (L.23)
18. MOSZKOWSKI Etude in A major, Op.72 No.6
19. SCHUMANN Träumerei, Op.15 No.7
20. LISZT-HOROWITZ Mendelssohn Wedding March Variations
Vladimir Horowitz piano
XR remastering by Andrew Rose
Cover artwork based on a photograph of Vladimir Horowitz
Recorded 2 February 1948
Carnegie Hall, New York City