Pianist Eric le Sage live

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

Pianist Eric le Sage live

Post by Rach3 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:21 am

For Eric le Sage fans, 2 not oft heard live works ( at least in my experience ), Mozart PC # 16, K.451, and Faure’s Fantasie for Piano and Orchestra, Op.111, Jan.13,2020 at the Concertgebouw,Amsterdam, with Netherlands Chamber Orchestra under Gordon Nikolic ( also Faure’s “Pelleas “ Suite and Mozart’s Symphony 31 ) , light-hearted piano works :

https://www.nporadio4.nl/concerten/9410 ... e-compleet

Encore after the Faure was Andante mov. from Mozart’s Violin Sonata,K.296, with the Concertmaster (?).

Lance
Site Administrator

Re: Pianist Eric le Sage live

Post by Lance » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:11 pm

Thank you for this! I have many of Le Sage's recordings on myriad labels. Fine pianist and collaborative artist. Labels include Alpha, Naïve, Denon, Auvidis/Valois, EMI/Warner, RCA, RCA France, Erato.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:14 am

Lance wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:11 pm
Thank you for this! I have many of Le Sage's recordings on myriad labels. Fine pianist and collaborative artist. Labels include Alpha, Naïve, Denon, Auvidis/Valois, EMI/Warner, RCA, RCA France, Erato.
Rach3 & Lance, I've never heard of this pianist, yet his reviews on amazon are mostly glowing. Thanks for bringing him to my attention! Eric the Wise indeed! :D

Lance
Site Administrator

Post by Lance » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:07 am

We music lovers are, indeed, very rich to be able to have to many of the words past and present performing artists on record, for study or pure enjoyment. There has never been another time quite like the time we are living in. I am most appreciative. We will never hear everything, for sure, but our sources are wondrous and keep growing.
maestrob wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:14 am
Lance wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:11 pm
Rach3 & Lance, I've never heard of this pianist, yet his reviews on amazon are mostly glowing. Thanks for bringing him to my attention! Eric the Wise indeed! :D
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]