Hello Forum,Lance wrote:At the suggestion of Slofstra (thank you, Henry), I've changed the title of this thread and have made it "sticky" so it will stay on top. I'm hopeful many more will contribute their "stories" here!
Piston's post about biographies of our musical lives, so to speak, prompts me to hesitatingly place this new thread.
Many of us wonder about people on our boards, and not wanting to be too inquisitive, I would, as would many others, like to hear what you have to say about yourself. New member Friedrich Kuhlau did a great job as a newbie!
It would be nice to know if you:
• are male or female [it's hard to tell by sign-on names!]
• sign-on name AND what do your friends call you?
• what country you reside in
• study music - if so what instrument
• are a performing/practicing musician
• collect records [CDs or LPs]
• are a composer or teacher
• said anything else you might like us to know about you
Now, is this a good idea?
I´m an Opera and Classical Music lover from Mexico City. My friends call me "Pepe", I´m a male of course, and I´m very happy to join the forum. I´m a lawyer, sad to say, and I don´t play any instruments, but I do play a lot of cd´s since I have a considerable collection, some 32 recordings of Cosi fan Tutte alone will give you an idea. My interests are wide, from Palestrina to Gershwin, but I have a soft spot for all Baqroque Music and obviously, Mozart.
That´s about it.
Happy New Year to all!!!