Conductors Capricorns

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Sylph

Conductors Capricorns

Post by Sylph » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:32 am

I'd need your help to make a list. I have Walter Hendl, Jean Martinon, Iván Fischer & Simon Rattle perhaps, Fritz Reiner was damn close (December 19th, or perhaps he was, I don't know when Sun entered Capricorn in 1888 :mrgreen: :lol: )...

Conductors born between December 21 & January 20... :mrgreen:

Harold Tucker

Re: Conductors Capricorns

Post by Harold Tucker » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:24 pm

Michael Tilson Thomas, December 21.

Sylph

Post by Sylph » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:21 am

Right! Thanks! :D

val

Post by val » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:08 am

Leopold Ludwig was born 12 January 1908. I saw him conducting several times. My first versions of Dvorak's 9th and Mahler's 9th were LPs conducted by Ludwig with the London Symphony.

Pierre Dervaux was born the 3 January 1917. He left some good recordings of Vincent d'Indy (in special a masterpiece, Ishtar).

Wallingford

Post by Wallingford » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:27 pm

Maurice Abravanel.

Paul Freeman.
Good music is that which falls upon the ear with ease, and quits the memory with difficulty.
--Sir Thomas Beecham

Wallingford

Post by Wallingford » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Paavo Jarvi.

Dean Dixon.
Good music is that which falls upon the ear with ease, and quits the memory with difficulty.
--Sir Thomas Beecham

Corlyss_D
Site Administrator

Post by Corlyss_D » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Sylph wrote:I'd need your help to make a list. I have Walter Hendl, Jean Martinon, Iván Fischer & Simon Rattle perhaps, Fritz Reiner was damn close (December 19th, or perhaps he was, I don't know when Sun entered Capricorn in 1888 :mrgreen: :lol: )...

Conductors born between December 21 & January 20... :mrgreen:
Lance keeps this b'day list of musicians, composers, conductors birth and death dates. Ask him.
Corlyss
Contessa d'EM, a carbon-based life form

Wallingford

Post by Wallingford » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:04 am

Actually, I've long considered the CHINESE system far more accurate than the better-known Greek system. The Chinese system goes by a cycle of a dozen years, rather than months.

The next year coming up's going to be the Year Of The Tiger. Lots of innovative classical music figures were born in this year.....I'm currently preparing a list to post in January (as I do every year)--watch for it.
--Sir Thomas Beecham

Sylph

Post by Sylph » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:56 am

Wallingford wrote:Actually, I've long considered the CHINESE system far more accurate than the better-known Greek system. The Chinese system goes by a cycle of a dozen years, rather than months.
If you want accurate astrology, then go Indian. Indians use the sidereal zodiac, not the tropical one used in Western practices. :mrgreen: