Happy Thanksgiving!

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by Lance » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:51 am

Happy Thanksgiving, CMGers who celebrate this holiday. We have much for which to be thankful, even in the worst of current times.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

CharmNewton

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by CharmNewton » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Lance wrote:Happy Thanksgiving, CMGers who celebrate this holiday. We have much for which to be thankful, even in the worst of current times.
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. From the perspective of classical music, never has so much been available so inexpensively. It's really a wnderful time to be a classical music lover.

John

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:48 pm

CharmNewton wrote:
Lance wrote:Happy Thanksgiving, CMGers who celebrate this holiday. We have much for which to be thankful, even in the worst of current times.
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. From the perspective of classical music, never has so much been available so inexpensively. It's really a wnderful time to be a classical music lover.

John
Second the motion! :)

IcedNote

Post by IcedNote » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Cook and eat and listen and talk well, folks! :)

-G
Harakiried composer reincarnated as a nonprofit development guy.

Fergus

Post by Fergus » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:23 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American members....may you enjoy it in the company of loved ones :D

Seán

Post by Seán » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:03 pm

CharmNewton wrote:

John
It is indeed and the lovely people on CMG add enormously to the enjoyment also.

I want to wish all of my American friends a very happy, healthy and joyful Thanksgiving, enjoy.
Seán

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler

Wallingford

Post by Wallingford » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:16 pm

:D Thanks much, Lance, and the same to you. Those elsewhere around the globe, thanks so much. Really, the Thanksgiving weekend's a great excuse to do nothing but music listening--I'm spinning a bunch of my old platters with which I've been recently reunited, and it sure beats enduring a baseball or football game with the upstairs relations (in the name of "quality socializing"--my taste in film doesn't match theirs either!).

And it certainly beats the madder-than-ever Black Friday bull....here it's 70 miles from the nearest decent-sized shopping center (a Wlamart within ten, tho').

I just wish I could spend more time here atr home on the 'net rather than worry over those cretins web-shopping, stealing your private info.
If I could tell my mom and dad
That the things we never had
Never mattered we were always ok
Getting ready for Christmas day
--Paul Simon