Lincoln Centre Website

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

slofstra

Lincoln Centre Website

Post by slofstra » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Anyone else have trouble with it? The server gaps out for long intervals as you scroll around the site. Too many organizations develop very fancy web sites these days, and then don't have the horsepower on their servers to back it up. As this is a preliminary diagnosis on my part, I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

John F

Re: Lincoln Centre Website

Post by John F » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:15 pm

I haven't had any server problems at lincolncenter.org, but after a series of needless redesigns, the site is hard to get information from. So I go directly to the sites for the New York Philharmonic, Metropolitan Opera, etc. for info about their programming. If I need a calendar of all events at LC, here it is:

http://www.lincolncenter.org/calendar
John Francis

Lance
Site Administrator

Post by Lance » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:17 pm

Had nary a one problem, Henry. Got around fine. Maybe just the time of day, eh?
slofstra wrote:Anyone else have trouble with it? The server gaps out for long intervals as you scroll around the site. Too many organizations develop very fancy web sites these days, and then don't have the horsepower on their servers to back it up. As this is a preliminary diagnosis on my part, I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same problem.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

slofstra

Post by slofstra » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:27 am

John F wrote:I haven't had any server problems at lincolncenter.org, but after a series of needless redesigns, the site is hard to get information from. So I go directly to the sites for the New York Philharmonic, Metropolitan Opera, etc. for info about their programming. If I need a calendar of all events at LC, here it is:

http://www.lincolncenter.org/calendar
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

slofstra

Post by slofstra » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:28 am

Lance wrote:Had nary a one problem, Henry. Got around fine. Maybe just the time of day, eh?
slofstra wrote:Anyone else have trouble with it? The server gaps out for long intervals as you scroll around the site. Too many organizations develop very fancy web sites these days, and then don't have the horsepower on their servers to back it up. As this is a preliminary diagnosis on my part, I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same problem.
I tried today with a different computer. A little better, but not much. Meanwhile I booked some tickets for the 'Bowery Ballroom' on a low budget unattractive web site that is well thought out and works like a charm.