NY Times Facebook Live

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

NY Times Facebook Live

Post by lennygoran » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:43 am

The NY Times seems to have a new feature where there have little paragraphs like this:

"FACEBOOK LIVE, FEB. 21
Melting and Glinting

Near the start of Bellini’s “I Puritani,” Arturo enters and sings “A te, o cara” to his bride-to-be. The extraordinary tenor Javier Camarena, delivering the aria at the Metropolitan Opera and on a Times Facebook Live video, didn’t stint its long, calm line, but I was even more interested in the glint of metal in his tone as he describes “il mio tormento,” the torment of his past. There are two more performances, on Saturday and Tuesday. No opera lover can afford to miss this. ZACHARY WOOLFE

Read our review of ‘I Puritani,’ at the Met through Feb. 28, and check out our profile of Mr. Camarena.

Elsewhere on Facebook Live, the Georgian violinist Lisa Batiashvili visited us for a concert and interview. Watch it here."

Fine with me. Regards, Len

PS-at the actual website you can click on "here" and other links they give you for convenience-not available when you copy and paste like I did.

THAT DECISIVE MOMENT
Breathlessly Spiraling Bach: The 8 Best Classical Music Moments This Week

In addition to reviews, features and news published during the week, our critics and reporters collect the best of what they’ve been hearing: the notes that sent shivers down their spines, the memorable voices, the quotations that cut to the heart of the story.

Read the rest of our classical music coverage here.