Pathless Woods

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Pathless Woods

Post by lennygoran » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:19 am

We were at the Ringling Museum in Sarasota-a very fines collection of art-among the exhibits was this modern work-it reminded me of Lepage's production of L'amour de Loin because of the use of lights and the classical-at least sort of-classical music. Anyway we loved it-watching and even walking though the ribbons. Regards, Len [back to snow] :(

PS-the composer's website is here:
http://www.michaelgandolfi.com/orchestral.html

John F

Re: Pathless Woods

Post by John F » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:20 am

Funny you should mention the Ringling Museum. Tomorrow I'll be going with family to see the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus's last hurrah, at the Prudential Center in Newark. My 2-year-old great-niece will be seeing the Greatest Show on Earth for the first and last time. <sigh>
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:42 am

John F wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:20 am
Funny you should mention the Ringling Museum. Tomorrow I'll be going with family to see the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus's last hurrah, at the Prudential Center in Newark. My 2-year-old great-niece will be seeing the Greatest Show on Earth for the first and last time. <sigh>
John the Ringling Museum has a Circus Museum as well as the art collection, a beautiful courtyard garden, a great house Ringling lived in and views of the Gulf of Mexico-when we were in the Circus Museum I thought of you because you had mentioned circuses a short while ago-have a great time! Regards, Len

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:29 am

John F wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:20 am
Got this email alert today-maybe this circus event would entice you. Regards, Len :lol: