Opera: Passion, Power and Politics Exhibit at V & A

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Opera: Passion, Power and Politics Exhibit at V & A

Post by lennygoran » Fri May 19, 2017 8:35 am

This exhibit at the Victoria and Albert in London-one of our favorite museums--looks good-too bad it's not beginning until well after we've come and gone from London. Regards, Len

PS: from 30 September 2017 – 25 February 2018

https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/opera

John F

Re: Opera: Passion, Power and Politics Exhibit at V & A

Post by John F » Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 am

The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts is collaborating with the Victoria and Albert Museum on its current exhibition, "Curtain Up," featuring award-winning theatre on Broadway and in London's West End. (Highly recommended, by the way.) So it's possible that the V & A's opera exhibition might be brought here after it closes in London. I've no idea whether this will happen.
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri May 19, 2017 12:11 pm

John F wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 am
The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts is collaborating with the Victoria and Albert Museum on its current exhibition, "Curtain Up," featuring award-winning theatre on Broadway and in London's West End. (Highly recommended, by the way.) So it's possible that the V & A's opera exhibition might be brought here after it closes in London. I've no idea whether this will happen.
Interesting-thanks for the info! I see it ends June 30th, 2017. Regards, Len

John F

Post by John F » Sat May 20, 2017 5:01 am

I mentioned this to one of the library's exhibitions people, who didn't know about the V&A exhibition, and she appeared interested. The museum's web site includes quite a few of the exhibition's materials, and for several reasons it doesn't look like the kind of show we do, though it might provide raw material for such a show.
John Francis