The Heavenly Birthday Of The Man From Rohrau:

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Post Reply
dulcinea
Posts: 3466
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: tampa, fl

The Heavenly Birthday Of The Man From Rohrau:

Post by dulcinea » Wed May 31, 2017 4:25 pm

how do you honor the memory of FJH on 31 May? I play from his choral works pieces such as the Kyrie of the Missa Cellensis, a truly dazzling introduction to one of the most eloquent settings of the Ordinary of the Mass. :D
Let every thing that has breath praise the Lord! Alleluya!

jbuck919
Military Band Specialist
Posts: 26867
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Stony Creek, New York

Re: The Heavenly Birthday Of The Man From Rohrau:

Post by jbuck919 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:00 pm

settings of the Ordinary of the Mass.

(Think about it.)

There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.
-- Johann Sebastian Bach

diegobueno
Winds Specialist
Posts: 2515
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:26 pm
Contact:

Re: The Heavenly Birthday Of The Man From Rohrau:

Post by diegobueno » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:00 am

I'm not sure what May 31 has to do with Haydn (his birthday was March 31), but I find any day will suffice to celebrate one of my favorite composers.
Black lives matter.

dulcinea
Posts: 3466
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: tampa, fl

Re: The Heavenly Birthday Of The Man From Rohrau:

Post by dulcinea » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:00 am

diegobueno wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:00 am
I'm not sure what May 31 has to do with Haydn (his birthday was March 31), but I find any day will suffice to celebrate one of my favorite composers.
Heavenly Birthday is when a person dies and goes to Heaven, which is why saints are commemorated on the anniversaries of their deaths.
HH Pope Benedict honored the 200th Heavenly Birthday of FJH by celebrating Mass with the music of the HARMONIEMESSE, a most fitting honor. :D :D :D :D :D
Let every thing that has breath praise the Lord! Alleluya!

jbuck919
Military Band Specialist
Posts: 26867
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Stony Creek, New York

Re: The Heavenly Birthday Of The Man From Rohrau:

Post by jbuck919 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm

dulcinea wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:00 am
diegobueno wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:00 am
I'm not sure what May 31 has to do with Haydn (his birthday was March 31), but I find any day will suffice to celebrate one of my favorite composers.
Heavenly Birthday is when a person dies and goes to Heaven, which is why saints are commemorated on the anniversaries of their deaths.
HH Pope Benedict honored the 200th Heavenly Birthday of FJH by celebrating Mass with the music of the HARMONIEMESSE, a most fitting honor. :D :D :D :D :D
She got you, Mark (and me too). :)

There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.
-- Johann Sebastian Bach

diegobueno
Winds Specialist
Posts: 2515
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:26 pm
Contact:

Re: The Heavenly Birthday Of The Man From Rohrau:

Post by diegobueno » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:55 am

dulcinea wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 4:25 pm
how do you honor the memory of FJH on 31 May? I play from his choral works pieces such as the Kyrie of the Missa Cellensis, a truly dazzling introduction to one of the most eloquent settings of the Ordinary of the Mass. :D
I have to say the idea of a "heavenly birthday" is new to me, and I'm a preacher's kid. No mention of it was made in the original post, but obviously I don't read the headlines very closely. I read it as a variant of "happy birthday".
Black lives matter.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests