Harpsichordist Zuzana Ruzickova, survivor of Theresienstadt, Auschwitz and Bergen-Belsen dies at 90

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

Re: Harpsichordist Zuzana Ruzickova, survivor of Theresienstadt, Auschwitz and Bergen-Belsen dies at 90

Post by Lance » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Very sorry to learn this about Ruzickova. I have many of her recordings, and most recently the new Erato 20-CD [59304] set of her all-Bach performances keyboard music plus violin sonatas with Joseph Suk, cello sonatas with Fournier, and also material with Jean-Pierre Rampal. Having visited Auschwitz, I can only imagine what this poor woman endured there.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

Mookalafalas

Re: Harpsichordist Zuzana Ruzickova, survivor of Theresienstadt, Auschwitz and Bergen-Belsen dies at 90

Post by Mookalafalas » Fri May 18, 2018 5:02 am

Extremely belated response. I apologize if reviving a moribund thread seems tiresome. However, FINALLY playing some Ruzickova from the Erato box, and I am completely wowed by what she does with the Goldbergs. Like no other version I have heard. She plays them like a symphony. I cannot wait to hear her French Suites and the WTC. Of course I've only played 5% of the set, and my opinion might well change, but at the moment she is my hero :shock:
Call me Al (cuz its my name)

Lance
Site Administrator

Post by Lance » Fri May 18, 2018 11:03 am

Ruzickova is a name well worth bringing up anytime. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by anything you hear in her Erato set. Supraphon has also reissued her Bach concertos. I've tried to get anything I can with this great artist who endured so much during her long life.
Mookalafalas wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:02 am
Extremely belated response. I apologize if reviving a moribund thread seems tiresome. However, FINALLY playing some Ruzickova from the Erato box, and I am completely wowed by what she does with the Goldbergs. Like no other version I have heard. She plays them like a symphony. I cannot wait to hear her French Suites and the WTC. Of course I've only played 5% of the set, and my opinion might well change, but at the moment she is my hero :shock:
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]