Met Archive Page

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Met Archive Page

Post by lennygoran » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:38 am

What's with the Met Archives page-I try to go there and get this message? Regards, Len :(

"The parameter is incorrect. "

http://archives.metoperafamily.org/archives/frame.htm

John F

Re: Met Archive Page

Post by John F » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:45 am

Me too. Looks like that page is offline for some reason. I expect it will come back sooner or later.
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:51 am

John F wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:45 am
Me too. Looks like that page is offline for some reason. I expect it will come back sooner or later.
Thanks I'm glad it's not something just on my computer-one thing led to another and I checked out the Met prediction page for next season-looks dull to me. I'll have to see if I can put a make-your-own order together at that time but do wish there was more variety. Regards, Len

http://futuremet.wikia.com/wiki/2018-2019

John F

Post by John F » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:14 am

The Met archives are back online. That didn't take long!

Looks like quite a lot of variety to me, including the Met's first Ring cycle since 2013, Verdi's I Lombardi, the Iolanta/Bluebeard's Castle double bill, Fanciulla del West, Dialogues des Carmelites, and the American premiere of Nico Muhly's "Marnie." There will be only four new productions, which used to be normal for the Met, but given what new productions are like these days, that may be good news. Of course if you were expecting an all-Donizetti season you were doomed to disappointment. :D Indeed, the only bel canto opera is Rossini's Cenerentola. But I say it's about time. :mrgreen:
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:28 am

John F wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:14 am
The Met archives are back online. That didn't take long!... Of course if you were expecting an all-Donizetti season you were doomed to disappointment.
Thanks, glad to hear they're back-an all Donizetti season-that could work! :lol: Regards, Len[fleeing into NYC for the Norma]