Meet Me on the Lower East Side!

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 am

Got an email from onsite opera for the event below-we always enjoying walking down there but won't be at this event. Regards, Len

Productions
December 6, 2017
Tenement Museum
Tickets
A celebration of New York’s cultural history and composer Ricky Ian Gordon
To benefit On Site Opera’s upcoming NY-premiere production of Ricky Ian Gordon’s Morning Star.

The Tenement Museum
103 Orchard St.
New York, NY 10002

Wednesday, December 6, 2017
6:30-9:30pm
Journey back in time at the Lower East Side’s Tenement Museum and peek into the era of our city’s rich past, which will be the focus of OSO’s spring production of Morning Star.

A private guided tour of the Museum’s historical tenements.
Enjoy “noshes” and beverages from the rich cultural tapestry of the Lower East Side.
Cap off the evening with an intimate salon performance with the composer and cast of Morning Star. Hear Ricky play his own compositions in an intimate performance of hand-selected pieces for the evening’s singers, and shares personal insights about his work, his inspiration, and his connection to the Morning Star story.

“If the music of Ricky Ian Gordon had to be defined by a single quality, it would be the bursting effervescence infusing songs that blithely blur the lines between art song and the high–end Broadway music of Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim. It’s caviar for a world gorging on pizza!”
–The New York Times

*If anyone in your party requires ADA accessibility, please contact us.

Cast
Ricky Ian Gordon
composer/pianist
Jennifer Zetlan
soprano
Blythe Gaissert
mezzo-soprano
Blake Friedman
tenor
Andrew Lovato
baritone

http://osopera.org/productions/les/?utm ... BUNIQID%5D

barney

Re: Meet Me on the Lower East Side!

Post by barney » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:06 pm

I was knocked out by the Tenement Museum. What a fantastic resource for NYC.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:11 pm

Barney we've only been there once and enjoyed it very much-it's also close to katzs deli where the hot pastrami sandwiches are to die for! Len

barney

Post by barney » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:55 am

I went to a well-known Jewish restaurant too, Russ and Daughters from memory. It's not the most famous, which I can't recall right now, but the next one. It was marvellous. On the same street as the Tenement Museum. You're making me homesick for New York, which is odd, as my home is Melbourne.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:12 am

Barney yeah we love Rus and Daughters-the cafe only opened in 2014 but the deli itself on houston st has been a nyc institution for many years-now they have a food concession at the jewish museum on the upper eastside on 5th ave. Len