Optimistic Met Opera Article

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Optimistic Met Opera Article

Post by lennygoran » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:44 am

Without power and comcast the noreaster has turned out pretty bad-now verizon has gone down so no phone or internet which makes copy and pasting more difficult-well at least there's today's Philadelphia Flower Show to look forward to today! Len

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/02/arts ... collection

maestrob

Re: Optimistic Met Opera Article

Post by maestrob » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 am

Len-

Glad you survived the weather!

Mikhail Petrenko (bass) is not a relative of Petrenko the conductor, and has been having a fine career in the top opera houses in the world, according to Wikipedia. I hope the MET telecasts this Elektra: perhaps I could grow to like the piece after so many years of turning away my sensitive ears.

lennygoran

Re: Optimistic Met Opera Article

Post by lennygoran » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:42 pm

maestrob wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 am
Len-

Glad you survived the weather!

Mikhail Petrenko (bass) is not a relative of Petrenko the conductor, and has been having a fine career in the top opera houses in the world, according to Wikipedia. I hope the MET telecasts this Elektra: perhaps I could grow to like the piece after so many years of turning away my sensitive ears.
Brian thanks-we're down here in philly for a wonderful flowershow-a friend advised us there's now a fear of a second noreaster-this is very bad news. Regards, Len :(