My Parsifal Conductor

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

John F

My Parsifal Conductor

Post by John F » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:55 am

It's a play by Allan Leicht, subtitled "A Wagnerian Comedy," now playing until November 3 at the Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater at the West Side YMCA, 10 W. 64th St. near Central Park West (a half-block from Lincoln Center).

"Musical genius Richard Wagner (Eddie Korbich) and his devoted wife Cosima (Claire Brownell) find themselves in a moral, political and musical dilemma when King Ludwig of Bavaria (Carlo Bosticco) insists that the son of a rabbi, Hermann Levi (Geoffrey Cantor), conduct the premiere of Wagner’s sacred final opera, Parsifal. In this comedic spin on real-life events, Maestro Levi must consider his complex relationship with the Wagners. Does Art have its “special needs,” after all? MY PARSIFAL CONDUCTOR is the World Premiere comedy that dares to probe that question."

An email about this says half-priced tickets are available if you call 866-811-4111 and say the secret code. Sept. 25-Oct. 20, code PMPCTEL, $32; Oct. 12-Nov. 3, MPCTEL, $47. No deadline for the discount is given in the email.

If anybody wants to go to this, we could meet up for dinner beforehand. What say?
John Francis

maestrob

Re: My Parsifal Conductor

Post by maestrob » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:46 am

Sounds enticing, John, thanks for the idea. As you know, I cannot be there with you, but please report. :)