Tchaikovsky Enchantress

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Tchaikovsky Enchantress

Post by lennygoran » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:50 pm

It was a rainy nasty sort of day so we took the opportunity to see this little known Tchaikovsky opera-not as good as some of his others but at least there was a traditional set and good singing-for $3.99 in the comfort of our own home and with english captions well worth the experience. Regards, Len :D

THEHORN

Re: Tchaikovsky Enchantress

Post by THEHORN » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:26 pm

I remember a CBS/Melodiya LP of this opera from long, long ago which was in my local library , before the CD era . It's a really interesting opera with a rather creepy plot , and I like the music very much .
I would welcome a revival by Gergiev and the Mariinsky opera and a recording .

lennygoran

Re: Tchaikovsky Enchantress

Post by lennygoran » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:29 am

THEHORN wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:26 pm
I remember a CBS/Melodiya LP of this opera from long, long ago which was in my local library , before the CD era . It's a really interesting opera with a rather creepy plot , and I like the music very much .
I would welcome a revival by Gergiev and the Mariinsky opera and a recording .
Bob yes we too liked the music and to see a traditional full production performance was really nice-I wish there were more full productions streaming videos with English captions available-they don't seem to be that many out there. Regards, Len