Met's Tucker Gala

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

Met's Tucker Gala

Post by Rach3 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:59 am

Apparently held live Nov.5, 2018,now at WQXR. I have not heard yet, but will !

FWW; from WQXR :

The program features a selection of popular arias sung by some of today’s biggest stars, including Anna Netrebko, Nadine Sierra, Michael Fabiano and Javier Camarena. Also featured is the 2018 Richard Tucker Award winner, bass-baritone Christian Van Horn.

Performers:
Stephanie Blythe, mezzo-soprano
Javier Camarena, tenor
Yusif Eyvazov, tenor
Michael Fabiano, tenor
Christine Goerke, soprano
Quinn Kelsey, baritone
Angela Meade, soprano
Anna Netrebko, soprano
Nadine Sierra, soprano

2018 Richard Tucker Award winner

Christian Van Horn, bass-baritone

Marco Armiliato, conductor

Members of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra
New York Choral Society

https://www.wqxr.org/story/rebroadcast- ... ucker-gala

lennygoran

Re: Met's Tucker Gala

Post by lennygoran » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:22 am

Thanks, some of my favorite singers. Regards, Len :)

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:07 pm

I have many of these galas on DVD from TV broadcasts on PBS, and they are uniformly excellent. I'm surprised that they're only doing a radio program this year.......

Incidentally, Armaliato is one of the finest opera conductors in circulation these days.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Unfortunately, the link I gave does not produce the Tucker Gala re-broadcast , rather the current live stream of a regular broadcast. Mystery to me. Sorry.Nothing is ever easy.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Whoops !! I just tried again and the link I gave originally DID work !! Use my link, then click on the blue " Listen" button on the photo. Still a mystery. Apologies again ; it's hell to get old.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:52 pm

I'll defer to the opera experts here, but for me , Holy Cow !! Not to be missed. Extraordinary all.I think Angela Mead " stole the show " with her 2 " Il Lombardi" arias, but what a programme.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:00 am

Rach3 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:52 pm
I'll defer to the opera experts here, but for me , Holy Cow !! Not to be missed. Extraordinary all.I think Angela Mead " stole the show " with her 2 " Il Lombardi" arias, but what a programme.
In my book, Angela Meade is a true star. She's in the process of being discovered by the cognoscenti, but anyone who can sing the difficult Rossini opera Semiramide and I Lombardi has to be a winner. Wonderful, bubbly personality, and entirely professional. I won't have time to hear this until Wednesday, but I will definitely do so! Conductor Armaliato is one of the finest baton wielders in the world today.