Vadim Repin - live at 21

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

Vadim Repin - live at 21

Post by Rach3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:46 pm

What all the shouting about, I guess. In any event, the Franck my fav violin sonata (most days ) , the Beethoven # 7 one of my 2 fav violin sonatas of LvB, along with my fav, his # 5 “Spring” Sonata.The piano parts here huge, as well , especially in the Mozart,Franck,Beethoven.

A wonderful programme:

Mozart - Sonate pour violon et piano KV 380.
Franck - Sonate pour violon et piano
Beethoven - Sonate pour violon et piano en ut min., op.30/2 n°7
Waxman - Carmen Fantaisie
Paganini - Introduction et Variations sur 'Nel cor piu non mi sento'

Vadim Repin, violon & Alexander Markovich, piano

Enregistré le 16 mars 1992 au Palais des Beaux-Arts de Bruxelles

https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_concer ... id=2429797

Per Wiki: “After hearing one of Repin's performances, violinist Yehudi Menuhin said: ‘Vadim Repin is simply the best and most perfect violinist that I have ever had the chance to hear.’”

Per Wiki : “At the age of 17, he became the youngest winner of violin section of the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition in Brussels.”

“ Isn’t it awfully hot in here ? “ Mischa Elman
“ Not for pianists. “ Leopold Godowsky
Allegedly at Heifetz’ 1917 NYC Carnegie debut.

barney

Re: Vadim Repin - live at 21

Post by barney » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:41 am

Repin toured Europe with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra in 2007, missing one concert in which he was replaced by Sarah Chang. He was immense.
I interviewed him in Berlin, and my final question was whether he had any superstitions. "Oh no, none," he said. I asked him to sign my program. Is that for tonight, he asked? Yes. Oh, I couldn't possibly sign it before the concert. Come and see me at the interval. :)

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:46 am

I have the CD pictured below, and gave it a five-star review. Thanks for posting the concert. :D

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:14 pm

maestrob wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:46 am
I have the CD pictured below, and gave it a five-star review. Thanks for posting the concert. :D
That recording I believe is also played at the same RBF broadcast link right after the 1992 live recital.

Lance
Site Administrator

Post by Lance » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:51 pm

I have much with Repin on discs. Wonderful violinist. I also prepared a piano for Alexander Markovich once some time ago. It's a small world! There's an interesting 10-CD set on Erato [63263] with much material. He has also recorded with pianists Berezovsky, Argerich, Lang Lang, and Lugansky. Many recordings on Melodiya, Brilliant, Koch, DGG, and Philips.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]