New cd of Walton,Prokofieff # 1 VC's

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

New cd of Walton,Prokofieff # 1 VC's

Post by Rach3 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:30 am

New Challenge Classics cd of the Walton Violin Concerto and Prokofieff 1st Violin Concerto ( one of my fav VC’s ) available for free listening of complete cd here, young violinist Isabelle van Keulen with NDR Phil. under Andrew Manze:

https://www.nporadio4.nl/cds/isabelle-v ... n-williams

Enjoyed both performances, the Prokofieff played, to my ear , more Romantically, extrovertedly, aggressively than I’ve previously heard.

maestrob

Re: New cd of Walton,Prokofieff # 1 VC's

Post by maestrob » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:05 pm

Rach3 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:30 am
New Challenge Classics cd of the Walton Violin Concerto and Prokofieff 1st Violin Concerto ( one of my fav VC’s ) available for free listening of complete cd here, young violinist Isabelle van Keulen with NDR Phil. under Andrew Manze:

https://www.nporadio4.nl/cds/isabelle-v ... n-williams

Enjoyed both performances, the Prokofieff played, to my ear , more Romantically, extrovertedly, aggressively than I’ve previously heard.
Enjoyed that very much, thank-you and Happy New Year!

Thing is, she's not that young, since her first commercial recording appears to have been made in 1990. She's had quite a career on disc: there are five pages of her recordings available on amazon as of today, in repertoire ranging from Mozart to contemporary. At any rate, she deserves to be heard, for sure. Thanks for introducing me to this prolific and very high quality artist.

Rach3

Re: New cd of Walton,Prokofieff # 1 VC's

Post by Rach3 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:54 pm

maestrob wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:05 pm
Thing is, she's not that young, since her first commercial recording appears to have been made in 1990...Thanks for introducing me to this prolific and very high quality artist.
You are welcome.Yes, I believe I confused her as being the violinist in the young, Dutch, Van Baerle Trio.

Of course, at my age, her age of approx. 52 seems " young."