Mompou's "Impresiones Intimas" for piano solo

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

Mompou's "Impresiones Intimas" for piano solo

Post by Rach3 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:36 pm

The work the very first Mompou I ever heard , and one of the first classical I heard, my parents' Decca gold series lp , late 50's I believe, with Madame AdL, pianist.
Here, a later recording, AdL plays the entire suite :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDqpnmV ... GdP8dN3a0E

Lance
Site Administrator

Re: Mompou's "Impresiones Intimas" for piano solo

Post by Lance » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Federico Mompou, a very intersting composer, indeed. The de Larrocha recordings of his piano works has been issued singly on Decca and all are included in her big all-Decca mega-set now [483 4120, 41 CDs]. She also recorded a disc of Mompou for RCA [62554]. Stephen Hough recorded a disc for Hyperion [66963]. Mompou, himself, can be heard as pianist/composer on a number of CDs, including a 4-CD box on Brilliant [6515, licensed from Ensayo-Spain], accompanying Montserrat Caballé on RCA-Germany [51188, 2 CDs], and in solo and accompanying sopano Ninon Vallin on the EMI/Warner "Great Composers in Person" series set [17575, 22 CDs], which I think was issued singly later. Mompou's music is appearing more and more in concert and on recordings, thankfully.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]