Met Opera Flex Subscription!

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Met Opera Flex Subscription!

Post by lennygoran » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:13 pm

My Met booklet for ordering arrived and they have a new policy-looks good! Regards, Len

For the first time, Flex Subscriptions allow you to curate the 2019–20 season exactly as you’d like while still receiving all the benefits of a subscription. Get great seats in the same section for each of your chosen performances, as well as a savings of up to 15% when you select between six and nine operas.

Rach3

Re: Met Opera Flex Subscription!

Post by Rach3 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:37 pm

What is the price range per ticket ? Thanks.

Beckmesser

Post by Beckmesser » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:58 pm

I'm not sure that is very different from having a regular subscription. When I renew my subscription I can request exchanges for other performances at no extra charge (in the past it could only be done in late summer and there was a fee for exchanges). Last time I renewed our subscription I requested exchanges for half the performances.

I think the Met has finally gotten the message that the subscription model is no longer viable. I get the distinct impression that the number of conventional subscribers has declined drastically in recent years. Unfortunately it means that the Met has to spend more money on marketing.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:06 pm

Rach3 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:37 pm
What is the price range per ticket ? Thanks.
Haven't had a chance to look into that yet but I have a feeling this could wind up being a nice deal for us-we have our sights set on at least 6 operas. Regards, Len

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:08 pm

Beckmesser wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:58 pm
I get the distinct impression that the number of conventional subscribers has declined drastically in recent years. Unfortunately it means that the Met has to spend more money on marketing.
I guess you could be right-still right now it looks like a great deal for us-15% discount-we definitely could be in the 6 to 9 performance range for next season. Regards, Len