Tchaikovsky sym 4

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Tchaikovsky sym 4

Post by lennygoran » Thu May 02, 2019 7:19 pm

I've been using my roku youtube TV more to listen to classical music and opera while working in the kitchen-I have wifi headsets which bring the sound right into my ears--to day I wanted to hear Tchaikovky's 4th sym and a search of youtube immediately gave me bernstein, gergiev and abbado in that order-I rolled the dice and went with bernstein-it was a live performance and I just couldn't believe how he jumped around and his facial expressions-he actually left the ground at times as he waved the baton-I admit I'm an opera lover but his activity seemed to generate more energy than some of my opera singers--his facial expressions were incredible! Regards, Len :lol:

PS-I of course loved the music!

maestrob

Re: Tchaikovsky sym 4

Post by maestrob » Fri May 03, 2019 10:34 am

lennygoran wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:19 pm
I've been using my roku youtube TV more to listen to classical music and opera while working in the kitchen-I have wifi headsets which bring the sound right into my ears--to day I wanted to hear Tchaikovky's 4th sym and a search of youtube immediately gave me bernstein, gergiev and abbado in that order-I rolled the dice and went with bernstein-it was a live performance and I just couldn't believe how he jumped around and his facial expressions-he actually left the ground at times as he waved the baton-I admit I'm an opera lover but his activity seemed to generate more energy than some of my opera singers--his facial expressions were incredible! Regards, Len :lol:

PS-I of course loved the music!
Tchaikovsky IV was the last of the three great symphonies that I learned when I was young, in an electrifying recording by Ormandy/Philadelphia. Nowadays, I'm recommending either Mravinsky/Leningrad on DGG or Gergiev/Vienna.

lennygoran

Re: Tchaikovsky sym 4

Post by lennygoran » Fri May 03, 2019 11:06 am

maestrob wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:34 am

Tchaikovsky IV was the last of the three great symphonies that I learned when I was young, in an electrifying recording by Ormandy/Philadelphia. Nowadays, I'm recommending either Mravinsky/Leningrad on DGG or Gergiev/Vienna.

Brian thanks I love the symphony-I love all of his symphonies-what amazed me was how high Lenny jumped up in the air as he conducted! Regards, Len :lol: