Trial by Jury-Scalia/Ginsburg wilmington delaware opera

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Trial by Jury-Scalia/Ginsburg wilmington delaware opera

Post by lennygoran » Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 pm

I thought with all the news on the courts I've been clued too of late I might not go for the above combination but they did a wonderful job. scalia/Ginsburg was an eye-opener-very creative and imaginative. We sat right behind the director and had a nice chat with her. Tomorrow dead man walking--right now sunday has heavy rain scheduled which is sad-we wanted to see a garden at this perfect garden time of year. Len

maestrob

Re: Trial by Jury-Scalia/Ginsburg wilmington delaware opera

Post by maestrob » Sat May 04, 2019 11:05 am

lennygoran wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 pm
I thought with all the news on the courts I've been clued too of late I might not go for the above combination but they did a wonderful job. scalia/Ginsburg was an eye-opener-very creative and imaginative. We sat right behind the director and had a nice chat with her. Tomorrow dead man walking--right now sunday has heavy rain scheduled which is sad-we wanted to see a garden at this perfect garden time of year. Len
I'm glad they're presenting Dead Man Walking: it's a major work, and deserves to be seen. The title role was sung in the production at NYCO in 2002 or 3 by a baritone who was a Semi-Finalist in my competition in the late 1990's, John Packard. I wanted him as a finalist, but by then he was already turning his back on NYCO and preparing for a Kansas City Opera production of Billy Budd. It's a shame Packard's performance in Dead Man Walking was never immortalized on DVD. He was over-the-top good in it!