First The Bassarids Henze

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

First The Bassarids Henze

Post by lennygoran » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:19 pm

This turned out better than I thought it would. The music was relatively easy to listen to and it went well with what was happening on stage-the up and down on the stairs made me a little nervous but the chorus handled it all very well-very active and athletic--the opera held my interest pretty well-at times maybe some of the dances went on a little too long-maybe a few too many hand gestures but it was all coordinated nicely. This definitely was a production like I've not seen before. All the main singers had a nice stage presence. When Agave came out with that white plastic bag it caught me off guard and was very dramatic! The surtitles were fine and of course the fact it was free added to my joy! Regards, Len [grin]

Cast
Dionysus
Sean Panikkar

Pentheus, König von Theben
Günter Papendell

Cadmos
Jens Larsen

Tiresias, ein alter blinder Seher
Ivan Turšić

Captain of the royal guard
Tom Erik Lie

Agave, Tochter des Cadmus und Pentheus’ Mutter
Tanja Ariane Baumgartner

Autonoe, ihre Schwester
Vera-Lotte Boecker

Beroe, Amme der Semele und des Pentheus
Anna Maria Dur

Chorsolisten Komischen Oper Berlin
Vocalconsort Berlin
Es spielt das Orchester der Komischen Oper Berlin.
Dancers
Azzurra Adinolfi, Alessandra Bizzarri, Damian Czarnecki, Michael Fernandez, Paul Gerritsen, Claudia Greco, Christoph Jonas, Csaba Nagy, Sara Pamploni, Lorenzo Soragni