Tonight's Met Agrippina

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Tonight's Met Agrippina

Post by lennygoran » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:29 am

A very good cast which could sing very well and knew how to act on the stage. Unfortunately there was alot of this updated production that really didn't work for us-that includes the Claudio's golf swings, the scene in a modern bar and the teenage-type temper tantrums of Poppea. Len

maestrob

Re: Tonight's Met Agrippina

Post by maestrob » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:25 am

lennygoran wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:29 am
A very good cast which could sing very well and knew how to act on the stage. Unfortunately there was alot of this updated production that really didn't work for us-that includes the Claudio's golf swings, the scene in a modern bar and the teenage-type temper tantrums of Poppea. Len
Yes, I'd have a problem with that production as well, but I would still enjoy the singing if it came on TV. I tend not to buy updated productions on DVD.

lennygoran

Re: Tonight's Met Agrippina

Post by lennygoran » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:44 pm

maestrob wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:25 am
lennygoran wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:29 am
Yes, I'd have a problem with that production as well, but I would still enjoy the singing if it came on TV. I tend not to buy updated productions on DVD.
Brian I sure wouldn't buy this agrippina and might not even tape it on the dvr. I do have to say the performers were really excellent both singing and acting. Regards, Len