Wigmore Hall closed till September

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Philip M

Wigmore Hall closed till September

Post by Philip M » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:07 am

As a reminder as to how long our lives are likely to be disrupted, Wigmore Hall, the premier chamber music hall in London has cancelled all concerts till 31 July and says it plans to reopen for its 2020/21 season on 10th September. Of course that opening date is subject to any restrictions that may still continue to be imposed or advised come September.

I expect the Proms and Edinburgh Festival to be cancelled. And I fear the Aix-en-Provence Festival, which we have tickets for in June/July, will also not take place.

The Deputy Chief Medical Officer for the UK said in the briefing yesterday that restrictions would continue “for at least 3-6 months”, though she did say that they envisaged, in due course, temporarily lifting, then reimposing, some restrictions once they believed they had the virus under control. As she said, it will be a series of smaller bumps Oover the coming months rather than one big hump.

Our UK briefing was in stark contrast to the US/Trump one I saw last night from the Rose Garden. Wonder who is being more realistic?!

Philip

Rach3

Re: Wigmore Hall closed till September

Post by Rach3 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:23 am

Unfortunately,the US media continues to broadcast Trump's "Briefings" when they could just report later any important new facts, news ( would not take long ),and later highlight his most egregious falsehoods.

mikealdren

Re: Wigmore Hall closed till September

Post by mikealdren » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:07 am

Our media in the UK cover Trump too but more under comedy than news.