Glimmerglass Cancels Summer Season

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Glimmerglass Cancels Summer Season

Post by lennygoran » Wed May 06, 2020 5:57 am

So much for our summer plans to head up to Cooperstown. Regards, Len :(

Your 2020 Festival Tickets
Thank you for purchasing tickets to the 2020 season. We are grateful for your support and look forward to the time we can safely welcome you back to the Glimmerglass campus. We are offering two ways to manage your tickets for the summer.

Donate the value of your ticket(s), or a portion of it, and help sustain us as we look toward the future. You will receive a statement for tax purposes along with our gratitude and the donor benefits associated with the level of your contribution.

The Glimmerglass Festival Board of Trustees, joined by Artistic & General Director Francesca Zambello and Faith Gay, have generously made a commitment to match the value of all tickets donated up to $500,000, making your donation twice as valuable and helping to ensure our future during this exceptional time.

Request a refund for the face value of your ticket(s), which will be returned via your original method of payment.

Feel free to let us know how you would like your tickets handled by using this form. In keeping with New York State regulations, the Festival staff is currently working remotely. You may hear from box office staffers Liz or Sean, or other staff members, as we all work together to assure we can process your ticket request as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Donate or refund the face value of your 2020 tickets

barney

Re: Glimmerglass Cancels Summer Season

Post by barney » Wed May 06, 2020 7:29 am

Sorry, Len. But you knew it was coming. So far, I'm 20 concerts, operas and recitals down for the year, with at least that to come. So however much grief I feel on your behalf, it is considerably less than for myself. :D

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Wed May 06, 2020 9:03 am

barney wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:29 am
Sorry, Len. But you knew it was coming. So far, I'm 20 concerts, operas and recitals down for the year, with at least that to come. So however much grief I feel on your behalf, it is considerably less than for myself. :D
Barney still if the Met cancels I could top you! Regards, Len [fleeing]

barney

Post by barney » Wed May 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Sigh. No need to flee, Len - you always top me.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu May 07, 2020 5:20 am

barney wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:16 pm
Sigh. No need to flee, Len - you always top me.
Barney certainly not true but you made me feel so good-wonder if we'll ever get to break bread again at pomodoro-wonder how the virus has impacted that NYC restaurant! Regards, Len