A possible way for future concerts?

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Philip M

A possible way for future concerts?

Post by Philip M » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:31 am

Leonard Slatkin sets out some logical and sensible options here

https://www.leonardslatkin.com/june-202 ... on-part-1/

Rach3

Re: A possible way for future concerts?

Post by Rach3 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:37 am

Interesting thoughts, he is to be commended.He and you are obviously far more knowledgable than I, but on first reading does not strike me as practical, logistically or financially, given all the moving pieces especially since one misstep may/will lead to transmission. Personally, I wont go back until there is a vaccine.Much of the CM audience is in the higher risk groups.Thanks for the post!

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:50 am

Rach3 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:37 am
Interesting thoughts, he is to be commended.He and you are obviously far more knowledgable than I, but on first reading does not strike me as practical, logistically or financially, given all the moving pieces especially since one misstep may/will lead to transmission. Personally, I wont go back until there is a vaccine.Much of the CM audience is in the higher risk groups.Thanks for the post!
Since I cannot go to live concerts anyway these days, this is all a moot point for me. Slatkin has some interesting thoughts of course, but if I were still a concert-goer, I too would be waiting for a vaccine.

Ricordanza

Post by Ricordanza » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 am

I also commend Leonard Slatkin for thinking through these issues. Are his solutions feasible? Will others follow his lead or come up with different ideas? Who knows. I've taken a chance and renewed my subscription to the Philadelphia Orchestra for next season. The first concert is scheduled for November 21. At this point, I don't know whether that concert will go on as scheduled, whether there will be some changes along the lines suggested by Slatkin, or whether the concert will be cancelled or postponed. I don't think the Philadelphia Orchestra management knows the answers to these questions either at this point.