To My Distant Love

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

To My Distant Love

Post by lennygoran » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:26 am

On Site Opera $40 a ticket--I'll pass on this one. Regards, Len :(

To My Distant Love

A one-on-one live telephone experience featuring Beethoven’s An die ferne Geliebte

Music by Ludwig van Beethoven
Song text by Alois Isidor Jeitteles
Additional English dialogue by Monet Hurst-Mendoza

At a time when we are all kept apart from those we hold dear, Beethoven’s song cycle, An die ferne Geliebte (To the Distant Beloved), set to Jeitteles’ aching poetry, resonates profoundly with its lamentations of separation and hopes of reunion. The desire to call out to a loved one from afar speaks directly to the current climate of social-distancing and uncertainty about the future.

This new immersive opera experience invites you to be “the distant love” for a one-on-one performance featuring a live singer (you choose soprano or baritone) and pianist over the phone – no need to download any additional app or platform. The “site” for this performance will be yours to decide as your beloved calls you by phone to express their longing and joy to you, their distant love. Where will you take such an intimate phone call? A walk through the park? A cozy chair by a window? The immersive experience will begin even before your phone call, as your beloved will send you e-mail love letters in anticipation of finally re-connecting.

This production of An die ferne Geliebte is being done in honor of the 250th anniversary of Beethoven’s birth.
PERFORMANCE INFO

Tickets – $40
Tickets go on sale June 10
VIP pre-sale (Quartet-level donors and above): June 8

Jennifer Zetlan, soprano / David Shimoni, piano | Mario Diaz-Moresco, baritone / Spencer Myer, piano

https://osopera.org/productions/distant ... 6a9981c988