Vincent La Selva Verdi Overtures CD

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

maestrob

Vincent La Selva Verdi Overtures CD

Post by maestrob » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:54 am

Just in case you haven't heard, noted Verdi interpreter Vincent La Selva's disc of the complete Verdi Oyertures, his only commercial recording, is now available for free listening on American amazon to Prime Members. This recording features the overture to Aida that Verdi himself removed from the original published score, and was recorded in digital sound with the Bern Symphony Orchestra.

La Selva was my conducting teacher at Juilliard for six wonderful years. His teacher while a student at Juilliard was the well-known Metropolitan Opera conductor Jean Morel, who also taught James Levine, Myung-Whun Chung, Leonard Slatkin and James Conlon. Morel made many recordings with Metropolitan Opera stars, including many live reissues of MET performances available today.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=La+Selva+Ver ... nb_sb_noss

lennygoran

Re: Vincent La Selva Verdi Overtures CD

Post by lennygoran » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:24 am

maestrob wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:54 am
Just in case you haven't heard, noted Verdi interpreter Vincent La Selva's disc of the complete Verdi Oyertures, his only commercial recording, is now available for free listening on American amazon to Prime Members.
Brian thanks-I happen to have Amazon Prime. Regards, Len

maestrob

Re: Vincent La Selva Verdi Overtures CD

Post by maestrob » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:50 am

lennygoran wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:24 am
maestrob wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:54 am
Just in case you haven't heard, noted Verdi interpreter Vincent La Selva's disc of the complete Verdi Oyertures, his only commercial recording, is now available for free listening on American amazon to Prime Members.
Brian thanks-I happen to have Amazon Prime. Regards, Len
Enjoy! I should clarify that you'll need to subscribe to amazon music for a few dollars/mo. When I did that, I kept the subscription, but you can cancel before you have to pay a monthly bill, at least that was the arrangement when I joined a while back.

Folks, don't miss this! When it first came out, it outsold Muti's recording for quite some time. There's a reason it's still in print as a hard copy CD.