Joyce DiDonato MET Concert in Bochum Germany

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

maestrob

Joyce DiDonato MET Concert in Bochum Germany

Post by maestrob » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:40 am

Has anyone else here watched this online broadcast? It's available until September 25 (next Friday) for $20 at metopera.org, and features Il pomo d'oro as well as an excellent pianist.

This event moved me deeply. She is such a great artist IMHO, and at the height of her powers right now. There is a brief interview with Sister PreJean, who wrote the book Dead Man Walking, and a world premiere of a new song, as well as excerpts from her MET performances. Some awkward moments, as it was taped live, but truly well worth your time.

Highly recommended!

slofstra

Re: Joyce DiDonato MET Concert in Bochum Germany

Post by slofstra » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:58 am

I continue to muse about purchasing the Met HD subscription. Will this performance be available in their archive?

maestrob

Re: Joyce DiDonato MET Concert in Bochum Germany

Post by maestrob » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:21 am

slofstra wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:58 am
I continue to muse about purchasing the Met HD subscription. Will this performance be available in their archive?
Hello, Henry!

To answer your question, not to my knowledge. These concerts are offered individually and are available for about two weeks after the initial broadcast. Each $20 ticket gives you unlimited access for that period, then the concert disappears. No plans have been announced yet for DVD issue or archival access TMK. Thus, DiDonato's efforts will disappear on September 25.