Who Will They Write About Now?

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Holden Fourth

Who Will They Write About Now?

Post by Holden Fourth » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:32 pm

So Trump has gone. Apart from the usual post election rumblings, he will gradually fade from the “newsworthy” stakes.

This, of course, is a disaster for the right wing and centrist press. In a stroke, the main source of their vitriol is fading away never to return. I wonder how many of them will eventually look longingly back to the good old days when POTUS bashing, an American blood sport, reached its zenith.

After all they have been saying they can’t immediately jump on good old Joe.

While this is a tongue in cheek post and should be treated as such, the one thing that has stood out to me, as an outsider, was the amount of hate that was generated in the media over the last few years. In some ways it started when Obama was elected with spurious and unfounded media allegations that he wasn’t entitled to be POTUS as he wasn’t a citizen. The ‘hate press’ has grown exponentially since then.

Rach3

Re: Who Will They Write About Now?

Post by Rach3 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:51 pm

Holden Fourth wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:32 pm
I wonder how many of them will eventually look longingly back to the good old days when POTUS bashing, an American blood sport, reached its zenith...
In some ways it started when Obama was elected with spurious and unfounded media allegations that he wasn’t entitled to be POTUS as he wasn’t a citizen. The ‘hate press’ has grown exponentially since then.
"Longingly" not likely as Trump and his suckups have caused at least 150K unnecessary American virus deaths to date and still counting, probably to 450K.

Yeh,"spurious" allegations by birther Trump since about 2015.

Trump, and his enablers, will deserve their place in history as among the worst of the worst
humanity.

Holden Fourth

Post by Holden Fourth » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:04 pm

Rach3 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:51 pm
Holden Fourth wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:32 pm
I wonder how many of them will eventually look longingly back to the good old days when POTUS bashing, an American blood sport, reached its zenith...
In some ways it started when Obama was elected with spurious and unfounded media allegations that he wasn’t entitled to be POTUS as he wasn’t a citizen. The ‘hate press’ has grown exponentially since then.
"Longingly" not likely as Trump and his suckups have caused at least 150K unnecessary American virus deaths to date and still counting, probably to 450K.

Yeh,"spurious" allegations by birther Trump since about 2015.

Trump, and his enablers, will deserve their place in history as among the worst of the worst
humanity.
The citizenship allegations started well before Trump arrived on the scene, spurred on by right wing media so that doesn't wash. 'Longingly' because they will not have anyone to vilify and they'll really miss doing that ......or will they find someone new? Will Joe need a stab proof vest?

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:20 pm

Holden Fourth wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:04 pm
The citizenship allegations started well before Trump arrived on the scene, spurred on by right wing media so that doesn't wash.
Yeh, right:

"He's spent millions of dollars trying to get away from this issue. Millions of dollars in legal fees trying to get away from this issue. And I'll tell you what, I brought it up, just routinely, and all of a sudden a lot facts are emerging and I'm starting to wonder myself whether or not he was born in this country."
- March 28, 2011, on Fox News

Holden Fourth

Post by Holden Fourth » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:26 am

Point taken but these ‘birther’ theories began in 2008. What I read says that Trump opportunistically jumped on the bandwagon at a later stage.

barney

Post by barney » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:03 am

With all due respect, I think this thread belongs in the corner pub.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:16 pm

Holden Fourth wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:26 am
Point taken but these ‘birther’ theories began in 2008. What I read says that Trump opportunistically jumped on the bandwagon at a later stage.
Perhaps so, and then , typically, tried falsely to claim all the credit for " discovering " the issue.

Holden Fourth

Post by Holden Fourth » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:33 pm

......of course

I thought I had put it in the Corner Pub. Mods, please feel free to move it.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:38 pm

Rach3 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:16 pm
Holden Fourth wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:26 am
Perhaps so, and then , typically, tried falsely to claim all the credit for " discovering " the issue.
I also remember that Lou Dobbs began pounding on the birther theme right after Obama was first elected, with guests like Sherriff Joe Arpaio chiming in. He was soon fired by CNN for his anti-Latino stance (in spite of the fact that he was then married to a Latina/Mexican reporter) and for refusing to drop the birther issue.

And yes, barney, this thread does belong in the Pub! :?: :shock:

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:01 pm

Curious allegation from Wikipedia on this topic:
In 2012, the far-right website Breitbart published a copy of a promotional booklet that Obama's literary agency, Acton & Dystel, printed in 1991 (and later posted to their website, in a biography in place until April 2007) which misidentified Obama's birthplace and states that Obama was "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii." When this was posted by Breitbart, the booklet's editor said that this incorrect information had been her mistake, not based on anything provided to her agency by Obama.[56]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Ob ... y_theories