International Classical Music Awards for 2021 Announced Today

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

maestrob

International Classical Music Awards for 2021 Announced Today

Post by maestrob » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:06 am

Here is the link to Presto Classical which lists the awarded recordings, with a further link to the ICMA website for further details:

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/a ... wards-2021
The results of the eleventh International Classical Music Awards were revealed this morning, with the Berliner Philharmoniker's own in-house label being named as Label of the Year, Artist of the Year going to Spanish conductor Pablo Heras-Casado, Turkish pianist Can Çakmur scooping Young Artist of the Year, and coloratura soprano Edita Gruberova (who announced her retirement in September after five decades on stage) winning the Lifetime Achievement Award. You can read full details here, and view the winners of each recording category below.

barney

Re: International Classical Music Awards for 2021 Announced Today

Post by barney » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:47 am

Thanks for posting this Brian. One thing I am absolutely going to have to have is the 4 views of Shostakovich's 24 Preludes with Gilels, Richter, Nikolayeva and Shostakovich himself.

maestrob

Re: International Classical Music Awards for 2021 Announced Today

Post by maestrob » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:16 pm

barney wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:47 am
Thanks for posting this Brian. One thing I am absolutely going to have to have is the 4 views of Shostakovich's 24 Preludes with Gilels, Richter, Nikolayeva and Shostakovich himself.
Yes, I have my eye on that one too. I already have the Nikolayeva of course, and a couple of other more recent efforts, but this promises to be something special.