All-Bach virtual recital by Angela Hewitt on Sunday, March 28

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Ricordanza

All-Bach virtual recital by Angela Hewitt on Sunday, March 28

Post by Ricordanza » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:14 pm

Seán

Re: All-Bach virtual recital by Angela Hewitt on Sunday, March 28

Post by Seán » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:11 pm

Thanks Hank
Seán

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:54 am

Second the motion! :D

I have her all-Bach box, and she's quite wonderful in everything.

I was so sad to hear about the accidental destruction of her piano by the "professional" movers she hired.

How very generous of her to offer this concert. While I won't be available at 4PM, I will check back to see how I can stream this event at a more convenient time.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:32 am

Many thanks !

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:29 pm

Many thanks, again. Was quite fine, especially the French Suite and Italian Concerto.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:18 am

From the Gilmore today:

Remember, you can watch the concert any time between now and April 27, 2021 at 11:45 PM ET. Watch as often as you like!

Access codes can only be used once - if you re-use your code, a new code is automatically emailed to the address you used at checkout. That email will have a new access code and a link back to the event! If you need to leave for any reason, don't worry, you can re-join or re-watch at any time while the event is available.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:39 am

Rach3 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:18 am
From the Gilmore today:

Remember, you can watch the concert any time between now and April 27, 2021 at 11:45 PM ET. Watch as often as you like!

Access codes can only be used once - if you re-use your code, a new code is automatically emailed to the address you used at checkout. That email will have a new access code and a link back to the event! If you need to leave for any reason, don't worry, you can re-join or re-watch at any time while the event is available.
Wonderful! I checked earlier and they weren't ready yet. This is on my list for today's listening. :wink:

cliftwood

Post by cliftwood » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:53 pm

I had the pleasure of hearing the Hewitt recital on Sunday and it was superb in every way.

She is the consummate Bach interpreter and equals my favorite Schiff in the ranking, IMHO. :)

Hopefully, she will return to Philadelphia this year and bring her outstanding artistry to us once again.

Happy to return to CMG after a long absence. A special hello to maestro and Ricordanza.

Ricordanza

Post by Ricordanza » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:11 am

cliftwood wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:53 pm
Happy to return to CMG after a long absence. A special hello to maestro and Ricordanza.
Good to hear from you! I hope to see you at future PCMS recitals.

By the way, did you notice that Angela Hewitt's Fazioli has 4 pedals? It appears that the 4th pedal is an additional type of soft pedal.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:14 am

cliftwood wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:53 pm
I had the pleasure of hearing the Hewitt recital on Sunday and it was superb in every way.

She is the consummate Bach interpreter and equals my favorite Schiff in the ranking, IMHO. :)

Hopefully, she will return to Philadelphia this year and bring her outstanding artistry to us once again.

Good morning, cliftwood! My, you're up late! :wink:

I too, heard Angela Hewitt's all-Bach recital the other day. Thought I had left praises here, but I see there is nothing yet, so just let me say that I totally agree with your assessment. I've got her complete Bach box (of course), and play through the contents every year, along with Bach's complete Cantatas conducted by John Eliot Gardiner. Hewitt has a very special relationship with Bach's music, as is easily demonstrated by her historical knowledge shown in her introductory comments.

Another favorite Bach CD is the one by Ivo Pogorelich that you gave me decades ago of the English Suites. Can't get enough of that one!

We miss your learned comments. Glad to have you back, old friend. Please stay awhile. Anyone who had the chance of a lifetime to hear Rachmaninoff play live in concert certainly has the right to voice an opinion or two here! :wink: