Pianist Simon Trpceski redux

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

Pianist Simon Trpceski redux

Post by Rach3 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Simon Trpceski plays Rach 4 live in Paris at the Radio France “ maison” with Macelaru and ONF April 22,2021, in excellent video.Select “ Lumiere sur le piano “ at page top, then advance with the arrow to the Trpceski thumbnail, click on the arrow, and when the video appears in a small window somewhere on your screen select the full screen :

https://www.francemusique.fr/concerts

I was quite impressed with Trpceski’s playing early in his career,often relevatory, but not so much lately as seemed technique predominated over musical values, but here he is fine.I must admit I do not understand the hommage paid the “ legendary” ABM recording of the work.Sergio Fiorentino played and recorded the 4th, but said it lacked “ inspiration” , that Rachmaninoff was not the same composer after he left Russia. While I am not a fan of the composer’s 3rd Symphony ( of which the composer thought very highly), for me the “Symphonic Dances” are his best work, and the “ Corelli” Variations and Rhapsody can stand with much of his earlier work.

maestrob

Re: Pianist Simon Trpceski redux

Post by maestrob » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:24 am

Sorry, Steve, but I couldn't find Trpceski on the page that you linked, although I did find Martha Argerich playing Prokofiev there! 😉

Also, I'm quite fond of Rachmaninoff III as well as the Symphonic Dances. Grew up with the composer's recording of the symphony, as well as Ormandy's stereo Columbia version.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:50 am

maestrob wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:24 am
Sorry, Steve, but I couldn't find Trpceski on the page that you linked, although I did find Martha Argerich playing Prokofiev there! 😉

At " Lumiere sur le piano " at top of linked page, there is an arrow next to Martha's picture.Click that arrow, then a second time after the first advance,and a pic with the Rach 4 in the caption below the pic will appear.Trpceski's name does not appear.Click on the play arrow in middle of Rach 4 pic.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:19 am

Rach3 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:50 am
maestrob wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:24 am

At " Lumiere sur le piano " at top of linked page, there is an arrow next to Martha's picture. Click that arrow, then a second time after the first advance, and a pic with the Rach 4 in the caption below the pic will appear. Trpceski's name does not appear. Click on the play arrow in middle of Rach 4 pic.
:lol: OK!

Johnny Carson used to say, "If you have to draw a map for a joke, don't tell it!" :wink:

I'm just saying.....

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:54 pm

A wonderful revelatory and ennobling, not the usual rushed , live performance of the Saint-Saens PC # 2 with the Bournemouth Symphony under Andrew Litton,April 10 ,2024 in Poole,UK:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001ygv0

Lance
Site Administrator

Post by Lance » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:44 pm

Trpceski was quite a "hot" pianist a while back. He made around four recordings for EMI around 2019 that I acquired—and was imipressed with—after which he was on the roster for other labels such as Avie (he recorded the four Rachmaninoff concertos for them), did some chamber music for BIS (Grieg three violin sonatas), then joined the Linn label and Onyx (more piano concertos) and came out with a couple of live recitals on the Wigmore Hall Live label. After that, not much. I wonder what happened to him. The problem is the kind of repertoire he plays has been so frequently recorded that major labels already have recordings by other pianists; it may not be "economical" for them to keep releasing the same repertoire with newer artists on the scene.
Rach3 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:54 pm
A wonderful revelatory and ennobling, not the usual rushed , live performance of the Saint-Saens PC # 2 with the Bournemouth Symphony under Andrew Litton,April 10 ,2024 in Poole,UK:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001ygv0
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

Lance
Site Administrator

Post by Lance » Sat May 04, 2024 12:03 am

I wonder why this post got 1,450 views (so far)? Is interest in the pianist drawing that many views?
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]