Mao Fujita's Mozart piano sonata cycle in July

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

Mao Fujita's Mozart piano sonata cycle in July

Post by Rach3 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:11 am

Per "Slipped Disc":

"This July, young Japanese pianist Mao Fujita performs a Mozart Piano Sonata Cycle at Wigmore Hall over five nights, showcasing his exceptional talent and the timeless works of Mozart in the iconic setting of Wigmore Hall.

Tickets start from £16, or £5 for Under 35s. As a celebration of the Under 35s scheme in the 2022/23 Season, each Under 35 ticket comes with a complimentary glass of wine or soft drink during the interval."

I suspect these recitals will be on the Wigmore YT site during, or shortly after.

Fujita is an excellent Mozart player, from my limited experience hearing him.However,youth wasted on the young under 35 ticket pricing ; I must "whine" about the age discrimination !

Donald Isler

Re: Mao Fujita's Mozart piano sonata cycle in July

Post by Donald Isler » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:22 am

On 22 July 2019 I posted on CMG a very enthusiastic review of a New York recital he played, and I particularly liked the Mozart Sonata he played (K. 330).
Donald Isler

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:48 am

Thanks for the alert, gentlemen! I'll be keeping in touch about this....

Holden Fourth

Post by Holden Fourth » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:45 pm

This is currently available for streaming from Qobus so I'd imagine you'd also find it on Spotify/Apple/Amazon/Deezer etc.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:09 am

Holden Fourth wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:45 pm
This is currently available for streaming from Qobus so I'd imagine you'd also find it on Spotify/Apple/Amazon/Deezer etc.
Right you are, Ric! I should have thought of that. It's on Spotify, of course, all 5 hours in a Sony box.

LATER: Have just listened to the first hour of this cycle. What exquisite and varied playing! Fujita certainly has a winning way with Mozart! I plan on adding this to my collection next to to Uchida's excellent box.

Many thanks for bringing up this topic. A great find, Steve!