Bruce Duffie's transcribed interviews with musicians

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

CharmNewton

Bruce Duffie's transcribed interviews with musicians

Post by CharmNewton » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:47 pm

I wanted to be sure to pass the link to Bruce Duffie's website to CMG members if you are not familiar with it.

http://www.bruceduffie.com/

Mr. Duffie is a Chicago area classical radio announcer and personality, who for many years worked at station WNIB, one of Chicago's major classical music stations until it was sold in 2001. He also worked at Northwestern University's station, WNUR, after leaving WNIB. I have fond memories of both these stations.

Mr. Duffie has a passion for interviewing musicians passing through Chicago, be they composers or performers, and recorded these interviews and played them regularly on his programs. I remember listening to some of them in the early morning hours of Saturdays and Sundays. He has transcribed hundreds of them and posted them on his web site and they form a treasure trove of original source material relating to these artists. Members may enjoy reading this material periodically. He hopes to one day have the audio available.

John

maestrob

Re: Bruce Duffie's transcribed interviews with musicians

Post by maestrob » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:26 am

Looks like a fascinating resource, John. Thanks!