CMG Summit Meeting Today

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Post Reply
Ralph
Dittersdorf Specialist & CMG NY Host
Posts: 20996
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Paradise on Earth, New York, NY

CMG Summit Meeting Today

Post by Ralph » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:26 pm

Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

Kevin R
Posts: 1672
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:15 am
Location: MO

Post by Kevin R » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:31 pm

What a couple of dashing looking men!
"Free trade, one of the greatest blessings which a government can confer on a people, is in almost every country unpopular."

-Thomas Macaulay

Corlyss_D
Site Administrator
Posts: 27663
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:25 am
Location: The Great State of Utah
Contact:

Post by Corlyss_D » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:25 am

OMG! Ted looks like my old boss, Dave Freeman! No wonder I like him!
Corlyss
Contessa d'EM, a carbon-based life form

Alberich
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:08 am
Location: Springfield MA

Post by Alberich » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:56 am

Nice pic - poor grammar.

SaulChanukah

Post by SaulChanukah » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:09 am

Ted Grieg.

:)

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence
Posts: 9801
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:12 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Post by karlhenning » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:42 am

It's one of those pictures that you need 3-D glasses to see properly, yes? :-)
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

Ralph
Dittersdorf Specialist & CMG NY Host
Posts: 20996
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Paradise on Earth, New York, NY

Post by Ralph » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:04 am

Alberich wrote:Nice pic - poor grammar.
*****

I is on vacation and I does not care much about them niceties when the temperature it is over 90 degrees, that is in the daytime not at night when that is cooler.
Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

Ralph
Dittersdorf Specialist & CMG NY Host
Posts: 20996
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Paradise on Earth, New York, NY

Post by Ralph » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:04 am

karlhenning wrote:It's one of those pictures that you need 3-D glasses to see properly, yes? :-)
*****

The dumplings were great!
Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

Ted

Post by Ted » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:05 am

It’s odd that the picture came out a little soft-- Ralph’s camera has auto focus—it wasn’t too light or we would have had the waiter dim sum
Last edited by Ted on Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chalkperson
Disposable Income Specialist
Posts: 17646
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by Chalkperson » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:12 am

Ted wrote:It’s odd that the picture came out a little soft-- Ralph’s camera has auto focus—it wasn’t too light or we would have the waiter dim sum
It's called Camera Shake Ted... :wink:

Ralph
Dittersdorf Specialist & CMG NY Host
Posts: 20996
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Paradise on Earth, New York, NY

Post by Ralph » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:18 am

Chalkperson wrote:
Ted wrote:It’s odd that the picture came out a little soft-- Ralph’s camera has auto focus—it wasn’t too light or we would have the waiter dim sum
It's called Camera Shake Ted... :wink:
*****

Yeah, but it's the first time this has happened with my new Nikon so I was a little surprised.
Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

Ted

Post by Ted » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:25 am

You usually have to push the shutter half way down first t to lock the focus—See, if we had Sushi and the waiter was Japanese this wouldn’t have happened :roll:

Corlyss_D
Site Administrator
Posts: 27663
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:25 am
Location: The Great State of Utah
Contact:

Post by Corlyss_D » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:44 pm

Ralph wrote:I is on vacation and I does not care much about them niceties when the temperature it is over 90 degrees, that is in the daytime not at night when that is cooler.
Was this meeting recent?
Corlyss
Contessa d'EM, a carbon-based life form

Ted

Post by Ted » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:46 pm

Yesterday

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence
Posts: 9801
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:12 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Post by karlhenning » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:03 am

Ralph wrote:Yeah, but it's the first time this has happened with my new Nikon so I was a little surprised.
Who took Ralph's Kodachrome™ away? Mama?

Cheers,
~Karl
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

Ralph
Dittersdorf Specialist & CMG NY Host
Posts: 20996
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Paradise on Earth, New York, NY

Post by Ralph » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:14 am

Corlyss_D wrote:
Ralph wrote:I is on vacation and I does not care much about them niceties when the temperature it is over 90 degrees, that is in the daytime not at night when that is cooler.
Was this meeting recent?
*****

Monday. We thought of inviting you and then thought better. :)
Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

Ralph
Dittersdorf Specialist & CMG NY Host
Posts: 20996
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Paradise on Earth, New York, NY

Post by Ralph » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:15 am

karlhenning wrote:
Ralph wrote:Yeah, but it's the first time this has happened with my new Nikon so I was a little surprised.
Who took Ralph's Kodachrome™ away? Mama?

Cheers,
~Karl
*****

Actually I was an Ektachrome fan way back when - more vivid colors.
Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests