How do you top Al Gore's claim of inventing the internet?

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Post Reply
keaggy220
Posts: 4721
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Washington DC Area

How do you top Al Gore's claim of inventing the internet?

Post by keaggy220 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:43 pm

From the Messiah's speech last night.

I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.
"I guess we're all, or most of us, the wards of the nineteenth-century sciences which denied existence of anything it could not reason or explain. The things we couldn't explain went right on but not with our blessing... So many old and lovely things are stored in the world's attic, because we don't want them around us and we don't dare throw them out."
— John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent


"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God."
- Micah 6:8

Fugu

Post by Fugu » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:32 pm

"Mission Accomplished." ~George Bushee~

Fugu

Post by Fugu » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:39 pm

"This crusade, this war on terrorism." ~George war-monger Bushee~

Corlyss_D
Site Administrator
Posts: 27663
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:25 am
Location: The Great State of Utah
Contact:

Post by Corlyss_D » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Fugu wrote:"This crusade, this war on terrorism." ~George war-monger Bushee~
We're winning that one, Dan.

And I think it's spelled "Bushi"
Corlyss
Contessa d'EM, a carbon-based life form

Barry
Posts: 10228
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:50 pm

Post by Barry » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:57 pm

Corlyss_D wrote:
Fugu wrote:"This crusade, this war on terrorism." ~George war-monger Bushee~
We're winning that one, Dan.

And I think it's spelled "Bushi"
I believe it's Bushie.
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." - Abraham Lincoln

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed." - Winston Churchill

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbp0hur ... re=related

Fugu

Post by Fugu » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:13 pm

Emphasis on the word "crusade." If you don't get the ramifications about that for a Muslim, shame on you.

greymouse
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:42 pm
Location: MI

Re: How do you top Al Gore's claim of inventing the internet

Post by greymouse » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:52 pm

keaggy220 wrote:From the Messiah's speech last night.

I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.
He really said that? :lol: Now that's bizarre. I remember when Edwards said a Kerry administration would be able to tell Christopher Reeve to rise and be healed or something like that and thinking it was so eerie.

Obama definitely surpassed both Gore and Edwards here - he's curing the sick, giving jobs to the poor, stilling the waters, and healing the planet!

Corlyss_D
Site Administrator
Posts: 27663
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:25 am
Location: The Great State of Utah
Contact:

Re: How do you top Al Gore's claim of inventing the internet

Post by Corlyss_D » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:58 pm

keaggy220 wrote:From the Messiah's speech last night.

I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.
Time to reprise my personal favorite, as a song, not a public policy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOEU87SBTU
Corlyss
Contessa d'EM, a carbon-based life form

keaggy220
Posts: 4721
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Washington DC Area

Re: How do you top Al Gore's claim of inventing the internet

Post by keaggy220 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:13 am

greymouse wrote:
keaggy220 wrote:From the Messiah's speech last night.

I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.
He really said that? :lol: Now that's bizarre. I remember when Edwards said a Kerry administration would be able to tell Christopher Reeve to rise and be healed or something like that and thinking it was so eerie.

Obama definitely surpassed both Gore and Edwards here - he's curing the sick, giving jobs to the poor, stilling the waters, and healing the planet!
It is incredibly bizarre! The part that makes it even more eerie is the fact that every word of each speech is calculated to be appealing to mainstream wild-eyed liberals. I guess this makes sense because most liberals consider the government to be Jehovah Jireh - God our Provider. Barrack is simply the manifestation of extreme left liberal religious fervor and I guess his intention is to portray himself as the second coming of JFK, only with a more Karl Marx slant - who, by the way, was first in the running as his VP until an advisor told Barrack he was not available.
"I guess we're all, or most of us, the wards of the nineteenth-century sciences which denied existence of anything it could not reason or explain. The things we couldn't explain went right on but not with our blessing... So many old and lovely things are stored in the world's attic, because we don't want them around us and we don't dare throw them out."
— John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent


"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God."
- Micah 6:8

keaggy220
Posts: 4721
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Washington DC Area

Re: How do you top Al Gore's claim of inventing the internet

Post by keaggy220 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:36 am

Corlyss_D wrote:
keaggy220 wrote:From the Messiah's speech last night.

I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.
Time to reprise my personal favorite, as a song, not a public policy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOEU87SBTU
Oh, I loved that commercial when I was a kid! A commercial like this would never work today - we are far too cynical. However, it's very fitting for the Obama campaign - just take out the word Coke and insert Obama.
"I guess we're all, or most of us, the wards of the nineteenth-century sciences which denied existence of anything it could not reason or explain. The things we couldn't explain went right on but not with our blessing... So many old and lovely things are stored in the world's attic, because we don't want them around us and we don't dare throw them out."
— John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent


"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God."
- Micah 6:8

Donald Isler
Posts: 2936
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 11:01 am
Contact:

Post by Donald Isler » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:05 am

Well, our government has been run by wild-eyed coservative radicals the last seven years, so it's time to start to repair the damage they've done!
Donald Isler

keaggy220
Posts: 4721
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Washington DC Area

Post by keaggy220 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Donald Isler wrote:Well, our government has been run by wild-eyed coservative radicals the last seven years, so it's time to start to repair the damage they've done!
If you think GWB is a conservative radical you must be to the left of Cindy Sheehan.
"I guess we're all, or most of us, the wards of the nineteenth-century sciences which denied existence of anything it could not reason or explain. The things we couldn't explain went right on but not with our blessing... So many old and lovely things are stored in the world's attic, because we don't want them around us and we don't dare throw them out."
— John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent


"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God."
- Micah 6:8

Donald Isler
Posts: 2936
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 11:01 am
Contact:

Post by Donald Isler » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:38 pm

You have no idea what you're talking about. I am certainly not to the left of Cindy Sheehan. Apparently you misunderstand the left at least as much as you claim I misunderstand the right!
Donald Isler

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest