UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Post Reply
Chalkperson
Disposable Income Specialist
Posts: 17639
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: New York City
Contact:

UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by Chalkperson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:26 pm

We had a Thread on the Assasination a while back, but, this is almost Cold War Politics...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8582518.stm
Sent via Twitter by @chalkperson

SaulChanukah

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by SaulChanukah » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 pm

I was holding back from posting this.

Israel is been accused by the world for war crimes and for 'murder'.

Why?

Israel defends itself from terrorists just like the rest of the world.

How dare Israel do this?

Anti Semitism is all behind this, rearing its ugly head time and again.

Chalkperson
Disposable Income Specialist
Posts: 17639
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by Chalkperson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:45 pm

SaulChanukah wrote:I was holding back from posting this.

Israel is been accused by the world for war crimes and for 'murder'.

Why?

Israel defends itself from terrorists just like the rest of the world.

How dare Israel do this?

Anti Semitism is all behind this, rearing its ugly head time and again.
Why did you hold back, this is a serious development, it's not just about the murder, it's about forging Passports...I read the book you recommended on the Munich Massacre, I found it enlightening and very interesting, I did not know that there was a murder by mistake in Norway that caused Israel a lot of problems, I think this is having a similar effect...everyone knows the Moussad carries out these actions in order to protect themselves from Terrorists, I would have thought that getting caught in such a manner as this, on CCTV cameras and by forging passports of living people would not be something that the Moussad would let happen...it's amateur hour stuff...I really thought they were smarter than this...
Sent via Twitter by @chalkperson

SaulChanukah

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by SaulChanukah » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Chalkperson wrote:
SaulChanukah wrote:I was holding back from posting this.

Israel is been accused by the world for war crimes and for 'murder'.

Why?

Israel defends itself from terrorists just like the rest of the world.

How dare Israel do this?

Anti Semitism is all behind this, rearing its ugly head time and again.
Why did you hold back, this is a serious development, it's not just about the murder, it's about forging Passports...I read the book you recommended on the Munich Massacre, I found it enlightening and very interesting, I did not know that there was a murder by mistake in Norway that caused Israel a lot of problems, I think this is having a similar effect...everyone knows the Moussad carries out these actions in order to protect themselves from Terrorists, I would have thought that getting caught in such a manner as this, on CCTV cameras and by forging passports of living people would not be something that the Moussad would let happen...it's amateur hour stuff...I really thought they were smarter than this...
Because I'm not an argument freak as some people want to believe!

And I didnt want to particulary argue with you, because bad feelings will come out of it, especially when I know that you are from the U.K.

Glad you enjoyed the book though.

If indeed Israel was behind this, I would rather not say the word 'Amature', for I believe that they had their reasons for doing it this way.
But one can never know for sure who was responsible, its all a mystery.

Corlyss_D
Site Administrator
Posts: 27663
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:25 am
Location: The Great State of Utah
Contact:

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by Corlyss_D » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:31 am

Chalkperson wrote:I did not know that there was a murder by mistake in Norway that caused Israel a lot of problems
Yeah. Unfortunate. I think that was about the time they started losing control of their narrative, the hasbara I think they call it.
everyone knows the Moussad carries out these actions in order to protect themselves from Terrorists, I would have thought that getting caught in such a manner as this, on CCTV cameras and by forging passports of living people would not be something that the Moussad would let happen.
Right. As you say, sloppy, if it is in fact Mossad. But how do we know it was Mossad?
Corlyss
Contessa d'EM, a carbon-based life form

absinthe
Posts: 3573
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:13 pm
Location: UK

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by absinthe » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:16 am

This isn't about the murder/assassination which is a matter for Dubai police.

It's about overwhelming evidence that points at Israel forging british passport that appear to have been copied when the documents were handed to Israeli officials or officials linked to them, for inspection.

The forgeries are extremely high quality.

What this has done for the dozen or so british citizens who owned these passports is make travel almost impossible. They are now on watch lists everywhere.
Blurbs from the BBC:
[SOCA] had concluded the passports used were copied from genuine British passports when handed over for inspection to individuals linked to Israel, either in Israel or in other countries, he said.
"Given that this was a very sophisticated operation, in which high-quality forgeries were made, the government judges it is highly likely that the forgeries were made by a state intelligence service," he said.
"We have concluded that there are compelling reasons to believe Israel was responsible for the misuse of the British passports."
Passports from France, Ireland, Germany and Australia were also forged in the operation, and they too are investigating Israel's role.
…………….
It is not the first time British passports have been misused by Israel. In 1987 the country was caught forging UK passports for an intelligence operation, and Israel promised it would not do it again.

On that occasion, eight British passports reckoned to be for Mossad agents were found in a bag in a West German telephone booth.
A spokesman for the Palestinian Hamas group said it welcomed the decision to expel the diplomat, but wanted international efforts to track down the killers stepped up.
So....(sighs).... this is what you can expect from trusted friends and allies? The Israelis are hardly backward people. They have culture, a business community, love killing people which makes them great allies of the UK and US.... and this is what they get up to. Apology? Never.

I shall retaliate by eating no more Jaffa oranges for the rest of the week.

living_stradivarius
Posts: 6630
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by living_stradivarius » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:24 am

... and the world moves on.
Image

josé echenique
Posts: 2521
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:01 am

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by josé echenique » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:19 am

Corlyss_D wrote:
Chalkperson wrote:I did not know that there was a murder by mistake in Norway that caused Israel a lot of problems
Yeah. Unfortunate. I think that was about the time they started losing control of their narrative, the hasbara I think they call it.
everyone knows the Moussad carries out these actions in order to protect themselves from Terrorists, I would have thought that getting caught in such a manner as this, on CCTV cameras and by forging passports of living people would not be something that the Moussad would let happen.
Right. As you say, sloppy, if it is in fact Mossad. But how do we know it was Mossad?
The murder of an innocent Turkish waiter in Lillehammer, Norway shows why extra-judicial killings are very dangerous. If only the poor man had a chance to be heard in court. On that occasion the Mossad had the bad luck of being chased by an extremely able organization: the Norwegian police, who captured most of the Israeli agents in a matter of minutes.
By the way, Israel never apologized for the murder.

And how do we know it was the Mossads in Dubai?
Oh, please!!!!! I bet you it was not the Boy Scouts.

Chalkperson
Disposable Income Specialist
Posts: 17639
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by Chalkperson » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:16 pm

SaulChanukah wrote:And I didnt want to particulary argue with you, because bad feelings will come out of it, especially when I know that you are from the U.K.

Glad you enjoyed the book though.

If indeed Israel was behind this, I would rather not say the word 'Amature', for I believe that they had their reasons for doing it this way.
But one can never know for sure who was responsible, its all a mystery.
I was not suggesting that we argue at all, because, I was merely pointing out the actions of the British Government and have no comment on their actions or the murder itself, I just find it's political implications interesting and also kind of archaic, it's identity fraud that is the big question here, because, they used living people and no matter how hard they try not all the information can be fully purged from the British Databases, they are the world leader in the 1984 Syndrome, as for 'Amateur" I was referring to the CCTV and Fake Passport parts, not the execution/murder itself...also, it appears that these were not all Israeli's, which I find surprising...and yes, Corlyss, I am assuming it was the Moussad, nobody has any proof that I have read about...
Sent via Twitter by @chalkperson

Chalkperson
Disposable Income Specialist
Posts: 17639
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by Chalkperson » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:20 pm

absinthe wrote:I shall retaliate by eating no more Jaffa oranges for the rest of the week.
OMG, Jaffa Oranges are from Israel, never knew that, I ate them all my life when I lived in the UK, I guess you won't eat McVities Jaffa Cakes either, now that's a big sacrifice... :wink:
Sent via Twitter by @chalkperson

Chalkperson
Disposable Income Specialist
Posts: 17639
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by Chalkperson » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:58 pm

It seems that the Brits may have expelled the London Moussad Chief, that's a serious move, it is an unfortunate coincidence that it occurs exactly at the same time as the Obama Intervention in the settlements issues...

This is not a commentary or anything other than a timeline, but, it's a little suspicious in that Netanyahu claims no advance knowledge of these announcements...

1) Biden arrives in Israel for official visit, Israeli Government expresses outrage that he is not Obama...
2) Israel announces new settlements, Biden is outraged...
3) Hillary Clinton goes ape on Israel about the new settlements...
3a) Corlyss explains that these settlements were never under discussion...
4) Obama ignores Corlyss's judgement so also goes ape at Israel...
5) Netanyahu goes to Washington and speaks his mind at AIPAC...
6) Israel announces more settlements, only 20 units though...
7) Obama receives Netanyahu at White House with no Photo Op, Press Conference etc...AKA a Very Big Snub...

Either the Israeli Government is completely disfunctional and cannot control the settlement announcements, or, the announcements are meant to be provocative...I have no idea which, if either, is true...
Sent via Twitter by @chalkperson

absinthe
Posts: 3573
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:13 pm
Location: UK

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by absinthe » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:28 am

Chalkperson wrote:
absinthe wrote:I shall retaliate by eating no more Jaffa oranges for the rest of the week.
OMG, Jaffa Oranges are from Israel, never knew that, I ate them all my life when I lived in the UK, I guess you won't eat McVities Jaffa Cakes either, now that's a big sacrifice... :wink:
Yup, Jaffa cakes are out too until Monday! ;)

I asked my fruiterer to be sure the oranges had the "Maroc" label.

absinthe
Posts: 3573
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:13 pm
Location: UK

Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat...

Post by absinthe » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:31 am

living_stradivarius wrote:... and the world moves on.

....in its nihilistic way.

Well, it is the Kaliyuga.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest