Revealing Trump interview...

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Post Reply
rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:41 pm

lennygoran wrote:Sorry you`re wrong-they asked him tough hard questions too which he gave his usual empty bombastic responses-surprised how this guy has taken you in-then again look how you continue to deal with Limbaugh. Len
They were not substantive questions, IMO. They were attempted gotcha questions that more or less mad a circus of the whole event for all of the candidates. They should have been trying to pry policy specific questions from him. You know, things that will actually affect the people of this country. My biggest criticism of him is he has been vague on specific policy. He's just more or less said he'll turn things around.

BTW, Limbaugh doesn't endorse Trump and never endorses any candidate.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:53 pm

piston wrote:But all these critical statements are being expressed with the knowledge that Trump could go independent and divide the Republican vote so much as to guarantee a Democratic victory.
I very highly doubt he'll go independent if he doesn't get the nomination. He just doesn't want to absolutely commit at this point, because it kind of makes him look weak or more like a regular politician. I could be wrong, but I think it unlikely any of the other candidates would be able to win, save for possibly Marco Rubio. As much as I like Cruz, I don't think he can win.

I think if Trump does ultimately get the nomination, it will be largely because people -- even if they don't particularly like his style or personality -- conclude he's mostly likely to win the general election.

BTW, if Trump does get the nomination, all of these personal smear or personal gotcha tactics won't work and may even backfire. I really do think people are tired of that nonsense. Plus, for Trump, it seems to just be water off a duck's back.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 13486
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:21 am

rwetmore wrote:
lennygoran wrote:Sorry you`re wrong-they asked him tough hard questions too which he gave his usual empty bombastic responses-surprised how this guy has taken you in-then again look how you continue to deal with Limbaugh. Len
They were not substantive questions, IMO. They were attempted gotcha questions that more or less mad a circus of the whole event for all of the candidates. They should have been trying to pry policy specific questions from him. You know, things that will actually affect the people of this country. My biggest criticism of him is he has been vague on specific policy. He's just more or less said he'll turn things around.

BTW, Limbaugh doesn't endorse Trump and never endorses any candidate.

His abusive statements on women and of course the latest blood comment with popular conservative host kelly hopefully have finished him off-how ironic that none of the other republicans would take him on but kelly may have KOed him! Len :lol:

Auntie Lynn
Posts: 1123
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 10:42 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by Auntie Lynn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:59 am

Megan Kelly needs to stop trying to be Bill O’Reilly. It’s not working. She also needs to
stop with the Sarah Bernhardt, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford histrionics - announcing the
arrival of the latest emetic as if it were the Second Coming. This will all slip below the
fold in time and Mr. Trump will no doubt continue in his usual fashion - BTW, the
homeless and illegals have mucked up this town so badly you cannot even go downtown
any more....

And The Donald has long since stated he is not revealing any of his plans as the rest of
the contenders would only steal 'em...so you don't need to be looking for Plans A--Z
from him any time soon.

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:07 am

lennygoran wrote:His abusive statements on women and of course the latest blood comment with popular conservative host kelly hopefully have finished him off-how ironic that none of the other republicans would take him on but kelly may have KOed him! Len :lol:
Well, we'll see soon enough. You may be right.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:02 am

Here's a video of Trump that the press, including Fox News, doesn't want anyone to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXjz3qLufv8

All of this stuff will resonate hugely with most people.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Here is an interesting piece:

What If Trump Wins?

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ceMPSzD-Z8

I think Trump has awakened a sleeping giant.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

piston
Posts: 10767
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:50 am

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by piston » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:38 pm

rwetmore wrote:Here is an interesting piece:

What If Trump Wins?

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ceMPSzD-Z8

I think Trump has awakened a sleeping giant.
He'd be quite the role model for incivility across the nation. A return to the "normalcy" of bullying, xenophobia, misogyny, and more, all in the name of standing strong against political correctness. :roll:
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:43 pm

Here's another interesting piece where similar things were said about Reagan (but look what happened):

http://spectator.org/articles/63436/yes-trump-can-win
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:02 pm

piston wrote:He'd be quite the role model for incivility across the nation. A return to the "normalcy" of bullying, xenophobia, misogyny, and more, all in the name of standing strong against political correctness. :roll:
You're missing the point. His crudeness is not his appeal or his strength, and it's not why he's resonating with so many people.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

piston
Posts: 10767
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:50 am

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by piston » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Like it or not, even the Fox channel debate team, and I remind you that Fox is associated with conservatism across the nation and beyond, were prepared to deal with Mr. Trump's incivility because he is as unpredictable as a live hand grenade. From the LA Times:
The script — which Baier didn't have to use — took a page from Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice" TV show. It went like this: "Mr. Trump, in your business you have rules. You follow rules. We have rules on this stage. We don't want to have to escort you to the elevator outside this boardroom."

"We're hoping we don't have to use it," Baier said later. "[But] we're locked and loaded."
You say that I don't get the point but you continue to overlook the most obvious fact about Trump: his incivility. It's as though rules, any rule, don't apply because he is a financial "winner" engaged in a crusade against political "losers."

I am in no position, and neither are you, to ascertain what makes him popular among white male Republicans but his bluntness, rudeness, vindictiveness against all who criticize him, and hatefulness may well be part of the answer to that question.
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:16 pm

"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:01 am

piston wrote:Like it or not, even the Fox channel debate team, and I remind you that Fox is associated with conservatism across the nation and beyond, were prepared to deal with Mr. Trump's incivility because he is as unpredictable as a live hand grenade. From the LA Times:
The script — which Baier didn't have to use — took a page from Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice" TV show. It went like this: "Mr. Trump, in your business you have rules. You follow rules. We have rules on this stage. We don't want to have to escort you to the elevator outside this boardroom."

"We're hoping we don't have to use it," Baier said later. "[But] we're locked and loaded."
He was clearly set up with questions that weren't good or substantive, and were designed to suppress the aspects about him that are resonating with people. That is, the aspects about him that many would agree with and find appealing. There's no doubt the questions were designed to sabotage him and cast him in the most negative light. That's not what good moderators should be doing for these debates. Nor is it what the media should be doing.
You say that I don't get the point but you continue to overlook the most obvious fact about Trump: his incivility. It's as though rules, any rule, don't apply because he is a financial "winner" engaged in a crusade against political "losers."
No, my point is it should be up to the voters which rules apply -- not the moderators (or the media). Trump is breaking traditional rules, i.e. he's not being politically correct. He's doing and saying things other candidates never do, but it's not negatively affecting him in the polls.
I am in no position, and neither are you, to ascertain what makes him popular among white male Republicans but his bluntness, rudeness, vindictiveness against all who criticize him, and hatefulness may well be part of the answer to that question.
He's not just popular among white males, but I've heard he's polling quite well with Hispanics too and generally polls very well for the general election. He's not vindictive or hateful at all from what I've seen, and I think people are by and large coming to same conclusion. Yes, he's often blunt, crass at times, and unapologetic, but not hateful. And this 'war on women' thing is 100% total BS, with Trump or anyone else in the Republican party. It's something the DNC totally made up, but sadly probably some women think it's actually true. It never ceases to amaze me how gullible people are and how easily they will believe stuff like this because they want it to be true.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:07 am

rwetmore wrote:Here's a video of Trump that the press, including Fox News, doesn't want anyone to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXjz3qLufv8

All of this stuff will resonate hugely with most people.
Piston,

Did you watch this? Please tell me what is hateful in there.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 13486
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:59 am

rwetmore wrote:
He's not just popular among white males, but I've heard he's polling quite well with Hispanics too
"The new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Sunday, in contrast to the Nevada poll, included a large group of Hispanic voters -- 250 in total. And overwhelmingly, that group viewed Trump negatively. Three-quarters saw Trump in a negative light, with more than 60 percent of them viewing him very negatively."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the- ... ald-trump/

Regards, Len

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:15 am

lennygoran wrote:
rwetmore wrote:
He's not just popular among white males, but I've heard he's polling quite well with Hispanics too
"The new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Sunday, in contrast to the Nevada poll, included a large group of Hispanic voters -- 250 in total. And overwhelmingly, that group viewed Trump negatively. Three-quarters saw Trump in a negative light, with more than 60 percent of them viewing him very negatively."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the- ... ald-trump/

Regards, Len
OK, well we'll have to see what happens as the campaign progresses.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:54 am

New post debate poll still has Trump way ahead. Meaning he didn't lose any ground and even gained a little it seems:

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/n ... ad-n406766
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:00 am

This one is funny:

Women warn Megyn Kelly: Back off Trump!

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/video- ... gyn-kelly/
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

piston
Posts: 10767
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:50 am

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by piston » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:14 pm

The analysis I have read, when I googled something like "composition of Trump supporters," pointed to lower-income Republicans with sporadic electoral engagement who are angry (that word, again) with the failure of the Republican political establishment to be more forceful in opposing all recent developments, either under President Obama or by the Supreme Court. These supporters believe that, contrary to these establishments, Trump cannot be corrupted because he is wealthy enough to deflect all that corruption.

They view his incivility as a positive sign of absolute honesty (incorruptible).

We need a week or two to better estimate how that support is white male, add lower-income, Republican. When the polls dig deeper into the gender, ethnic, and generational composition of his support, then we'll get a clear picture of who is behind the Trump show.

It does make sense to me that lower-income Republicans should be drawn to his message, his long-held message, of closing doors to foreign competition in the manufacturing industries. He voiced that message against Japan, years ago, and is now directing it against Mexico and China and etc.

It's a very old populist trick....
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:11 pm

Trump's polling went up after the debate, despite even the attempt to take him out:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... ailsignout
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:04 am

piston wrote:The analysis I have read, when I googled something like "composition of Trump supporters," pointed to lower-income Republicans with sporadic electoral engagement who are angry (that word, again) with the failure of the Republican political establishment to be more forceful in opposing all recent developments, either under President Obama or by the Supreme Court. These supporters believe that, contrary to these establishments, Trump cannot be corrupted because he is wealthy enough to deflect all that corruption.
Sounds about right, but I think it's more than just Republicans. It's also a lot of independents who don't regularly vote (and who regularly vote) and even some Democrats the same.
piston wrote:They view his incivility as a positive sign of absolute honesty (incorruptible).
It's not incivility. It's his unapologetic way of unflinchingly sticking to the issues he's been bringing up. Issues many people think have been unjustifiably ignored by the political establishment. If there is anyone to blame for arousing incivility, it's Fox News and the line of questioning posed to him during the debate. If they would have just stuck to substantive questions, this whole media reaction charade with Megyn Kelly would have never occurred.
piston wrote:We need a week or two to better estimate how that support is white male, add lower-income, Republican. When the polls dig deeper into the gender, ethnic, and generational composition of his support, then we'll get a clear picture of who is behind the Trump show."
OK. We will see soon enough. Maybe his support will fade, but I sense he may have truly awakened a sleeping giant of immense proportions.
piston wrote:It does make sense to me that lower-income Republicans should be drawn to his message, his long-held message, of closing doors to foreign competition in the manufacturing industries. He voiced that message against Japan, years ago, and is now directing it against Mexico and China and etc.

It's a very old populist trick....
But it's true and probably the main reason why wages have been largely stagnant for the middle and lower income classes for so long. Now, whether he can do something to rectify it is another matter, but it clearly is an issue that people want addressed somehow.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence
Posts: 9801
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:12 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by karlhenning » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:41 am

piston wrote:The analysis I have read, when I googled something like "composition of Trump supporters," pointed to lower-income Republicans with sporadic electoral engagement who are angry (that word, again) with the failure of the Republican political establishment to be more forceful in opposing all recent developments, either under President Obama or by the Supreme Court. These supporters believe that, contrary to these establishments, Trump cannot be corrupted because he is wealthy enough to deflect all that corruption.

They view his incivility as a positive sign of absolute honesty (incorruptible).

We need a week or two to better estimate how that support is white male, add lower-income, Republican. When the polls dig deeper into the gender, ethnic, and generational composition of his support, then we'll get a clear picture of who is behind the Trump show.

It does make sense to me that lower-income Republicans should be drawn to his message, his long-held message, of closing doors to foreign competition in the manufacturing industries. He voiced that message against Japan, years ago, and is now directing it against Mexico and China and etc.

It's a very old populist trick....
They're angry that the Republican political establishment hasn't been angrier, damn it! ; )

The point about the reptile-beneath-a-toupee being impervious to external corruption is well taken. His corruption is entirely a matter of internal origin. Stinks the same, really.

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

lennygoran
Posts: 13486
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:56 am

rwetmore wrote:Trump's polling went up after the debate,
Well there are polls and then there are other polls

Poll: Trump is most and least popular Republican candidate :lol:

"Another poll shows Donald Trump leading the Republican presidential field, but also topping the unacceptable list among GOP voters.

Trump scores 20% of Republican voters in the Quinnipiac University national poll released Thursday, followed by Scott Walker at 13% and Jeb Bush at 10%. No other Republican candidate tops 6%, while 12% of GOP voters are undecided.

Trump also leads what Quinnipiac calls the “no way” list, with 30% of GOP voters saying they would definitely not support him.

“They love him and they hate him,” said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll. “Donald Trump triumphs on the stump so far, but do voters REALLY want him? Maybe not so much.”

The Quinnipiac Poll also shows Trump losing general election match-ups to Hillary Clinton and other potential Democratic opponents, while Walker and Bush run much closer races."

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/07/ ... candidate/

John F
Posts: 19344
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by John F » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:04 am

Corruption isn't entirely about money. Power and the desire for it can corrupt too - cf. Lord Acton. Nixon and his regime, the most profoundly corrupt in my lifetime, broke the law first in order to win the 1972 election, which they were going to win anyway, and then to cover up their crimes and prevent impeachment. Trump shows every sign of being drunk with power and the desire for more of it, and unlike Nixon, he's absolutely shameless. Is there anything he wouldn't do to get power and keep it?
John Francis

lennygoran
Posts: 13486
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:25 am

"It is refreshing to hear someone speak truth to power, to transcend Washington-speak, and cut through the staidness of our politically correct world but not when it is all blather, non-sequitur, and self-aggrandizing bombast," Paul acknowledged. "Voters are hungry for a plain-spoken critique of Washington. But I’m unsure how credible that voice is when it comes from the consummate insider, a man who buys and sells politicians like he does Lamborghinis."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post ... -on-trump/

Regards, Len

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:01 am

Well, Trump certainly doesn't have Reagan's grace -- that's for sure. :)

Indeed, his support may fade, but it may not too. The thing is, under 'normal' circumstances, someone like Trump would surely have no chance, but it's because to many out there -- there is genuine substance behind the issues he is advocating and pushing, independent of particularly how he's choosing to advocate them.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:09 am

"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:38 am

The Futility of a Third Bush

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... coIQSzD-Z8

I completely agree with this analysis.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:11 pm

A much more sober Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gdRv5q1iww

This is the Trump that is the most appealing.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

piston
Posts: 10767
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:50 am

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by piston » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Five deferments, four bankruptcies, watching a 75-year old businessman having sex with models at "Le Club" during the Vietnam War and making up for his complete lack of sense of duty by pouring a large amount of money in the Vietnam memorial monument. It's all very "revealing," as your thread title states! But it is never "appealing."
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

Auntie Lynn
Posts: 1123
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 10:42 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by Auntie Lynn » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:30 am

Hey, sports fans, wait'll he trots out MRS. Trump - it'll be all over. Gorgeous - and a definite improvement over than buck-toothed, broad-beamed "Prisoner in the White House" we are stuck with now...

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence
Posts: 9801
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:12 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by karlhenning » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:51 pm

Well, if anyone can afford a "trophy wife," it's D.T.

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:58 pm

The media targets Trump supporters now:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/ ... supporters

Keen insight I think. It's worth a read.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:02 pm

piston wrote:Five deferments, four bankruptcies, watching a 75-year old businessman having sex with models at "Le Club" during the Vietnam War and making up for his complete lack of sense of duty by pouring a large amount of money in the Vietnam memorial monument. It's all very "revealing," as your thread title states! But it is never "appealing."
I thought he was 69. Anyway, come on -- you want to paint him as all negative, but he isn't really. He's an upbeat guy in general. He's resonating big, and besides he's a riot to listen to.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

piston
Posts: 10767
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:50 am

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by piston » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:50 pm

What am I missing here? Demographers are united in stating that "Hispanics" (sorry for such a generic term) are the fastest growing electoral group in the country and that their political weight is already greater than that other generic term, the "African-Americans."

Trump wants to eliminate the first statement of the 14th amendment to deny citizenship from children born in the USA from immigrants. He has also floated the idea of deporting all "Hispanics" who have not acquired citizenship in this country.

This electoral strategy, not surprisingly, has divided the GOP (Trump is really good at dividing people) because a number of Republicans are adjusting to this new demographic reality.

How can you win an election by eliminating support from a whole, increasingly influential, ethnic group? And it's pretty safe to say that Trump's past, in real estate, has not endeared him much from the other potentially influential group called "African Americans."

Left in the electoral balance is how women --the gender factor-- will warm up to an individual who dismisses probing journalism as the irrational outpourings of a menstruating woman.

Why is Trump so popular? Add it all up and you're left with reactionary white male Americans.
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

piston
Posts: 10767
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:50 am

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by piston » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Oh, I forgot the veterans... And I also forgot the agricultural industry, so dependent on these "Hispanics."
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

John F
Posts: 19344
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by John F » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:28 am

piston wrote:Left in the electoral balance is how women --the gender factor-- will warm up to an individual who dismisses probing journalism as the irrational outpourings of a menstruating woman.
And who acquires and discards one trophy wife after another, apparently for looks alone. Remember Marla Maples? Not just women but social conservatives ought to find this habit of his pretty hard to swallow, but perhaps they haven't noticed.
John Francis

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence
Posts: 9801
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:12 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by karlhenning » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:55 am

John F wrote:
piston wrote:Left in the electoral balance is how women --the gender factor-- will warm up to an individual who dismisses probing journalism as the irrational outpourings of a menstruating woman.
And who acquires and discards one trophy wife after another, apparently for looks alone. Remember Marla Maples? Not just women but social conservatives ought to find this habit of his pretty hard to swallow, but perhaps they haven't noticed.
He hates losers, it's that simple ; )

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:49 am

57% of Republicans now believe that Trump will be the nominee:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... ump_change
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:01 am

piston wrote:What am I missing here? Demographers are united in stating that "Hispanics" (sorry for such a generic term) are the fastest growing electoral group in the country and that their political weight is already greater than that other generic term, the "African-Americans."

Trump wants to eliminate the first statement of the 14th amendment to deny citizenship from children born in the USA from immigrants. He has also floated the idea of deporting all "Hispanics" who have not acquired citizenship in this country.

This electoral strategy, not surprisingly, has divided the GOP (Trump is really good at dividing people) because a number of Republicans are adjusting to this new demographic reality.

How can you win an election by eliminating support from a whole, increasingly influential, ethnic group? And it's pretty safe to say that Trump's past, in real estate, has not endeared him much from the other potentially influential group called "African Americans."

Left in the electoral balance is how women --the gender factor-- will warm up to an individual who dismisses probing journalism as the irrational outpourings of a menstruating woman.

Why is Trump so popular? Add it all up and you're left with reactionary white male Americans.
Dude, you're totally disconnected from reality. Totally. I pay super duper careful attention to any political related talk I hear all over the place of all political persuasions, and most people would agree with the bulk of what Trump is saying and campaigning on. It will resonate with them big. There is a massive disconnect out there between where the minds of the average voter actually are and where the so-called expert analysts and political establishment think they are. If Trump gets the nomination, he will win and possibly even win in a historical landslide that baffles the so-called 'expert' analysts. Trump has awakened a sleeping giant of immense proportions. Many people who are registered to vote but rarely actually vote due to discontent with both parties and the system will vote for Trump. That alone is likely to get him another 5%, which is huge.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:02 am

piston wrote:Trump wants to eliminate the first statement of the 14th amendment to deny citizenship from children born in the USA from immigrants.
Where has he said that?
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 13486
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:06 am

rwetmore wrote:Trump has awakened a sleeping giant of immense proportions.
What about the great silent majority! They elected 2 crooks-Nixon and Agnew! Regards, Len :lol: :lol: :lol:

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:23 am

lennygoran wrote:
rwetmore wrote:Trump has awakened a sleeping giant of immense proportions.
What about the great silent majority! They elected 2 crooks-Nixon and Agnew! Regards, Len :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nixon was elected by a silent majority? And yes, Nixon was a crook (an incredibly stupid crook).
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 13486
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:36 am

rwetmore wrote: Nixon was elected by a silent majority?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_majority

Regards, Len

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:25 pm

lennygoran wrote:
rwetmore wrote: Nixon was elected by a silent majority?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_majority

Regards, Len
Never knew that. Is it really thought he was elected by such? Or is he just the one who coined the phrase?
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 13486
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:36 pm

rwetmore wrote: Is it really thought he was elected by such? Or is he just the one who coined the phrase?
I think different historians might judge it differently-still I've seen TV with footage of union people--blue collar people--fighting with left wing demonstrators. I think many of those union people might have voted for Nixon but I can't document it-there might be records or polls taken that could show that? Regards, Len

Guitarist
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: Davis, CA

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by Guitarist » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Image

John F
Posts: 19344
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by John F » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:18 am

That's hype. Donald Trump has not yet received a single real vote, let alone won any primary, let alone won any election to any public position. Some people, asked in a popularity poll, say they approve of him, and that may reflect badly on them. But they are far from a majority, even in the Republican Party; if 23% of them say they would vote for Trump if the election were held today, 77% of them wouldn't. In this country, to use Trump's favorite words, stupid people and losers are entitled to their opinions too. If they weren't, that would be an indictment of the country.
John Francis

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:15 am

Guitarist wrote:Image
This is BS. Moreover, it won't work, because there is no substance to it. Trump is one of the most successful businessman in the country, and clearly -- to me at least -- possesses more than sufficient experience and intellect to be President. People are put off by his somewhat crass demeanor -- I get that, but ultimately that isn't his appeal at all (and isn't why anyone will vote for him). The analysts who think it is and try to defeat and discredit him by attacking his unconventional character or demeanor are likely to watch him go all the way to White House in a landslide victory.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 13486
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:50 am

rwetmore wrote: Moreover, it won't work, because there is no substance to it.
I'm more concerned with the substance of Trump's solutions-pretty sparse so far. Also what about all the politicians he's bought to do his bidding-also let's get a detailed look at his tax returns and see if he's paid his fair share over the years. Regards, Len

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests