Revealing Trump interview...

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

rwetmore

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Trump responds in person for the first time regarding the question from the nut at his last rally and the media storm that followed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArTc5YhSCQI

He does it at the beginning of the event.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

piston

Post by piston » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:40 pm

rwetmore wrote:Trump responds in person for the first time regarding the question from the nut at his last rally and the media storm that followed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArTc5YhSCQI

He does it at the beginning of the event.
So, I've listened to that BS, as you say, and there's a lot that I find issue with.

Let's start with his anti-media stance, something to the effect that "many of them are dishonest," which is precisely what I've been telling you: the Trump crowd is anti-media because The Donald feeds on that trend. It doesn't matter if he, himself, has been immensely dishonest, with the Polish immigrant workers, the NJ widow trying to keep her home, the Bridgeport,CT, businesses, Barbara Corcoran, and all those he used and then stepped on because they couldn't countersue him. The message here is trust me and don't trust them --a very big theme of his particularly in foreign relations where his ignorance has been amply demonstrated.

Then there's the "We're all Christians here" statement which obviously excludes all other Americans, part of his game to divide and conquer Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. No other candidate, with the possible exception of Huckabee, would make use of such a prejudicial statement nowadays.

More important, and quite in character with the guy, he takes no responsibility for having himself fueled this "Obama is Muslim" movement; he's just throwing the guy under the bus even though he is responsible for reinforcing this way of thinking.

What on earth do you find honest about such a political fraud?!
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:15 pm

rwetmore wrote: I think he's a useful idiot and grossly incompetent, and Trump has pretty much echoed the same sentiments.
Nope it's you who are an idiot--Obama can run rings around you-you're really echoing Trump right now but you're behaving like an even bigger idiot than Trump! Regards, Len :(

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:21 am

My, my...you two are getting awfully testy here.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:51 am

rwetmore wrote:My, my...you two are getting awfully testy here.
That's right-when you call our President a "useful idiot" you've gone way over the line. Len

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:19 am

lennygoran wrote:
rwetmore wrote:My, my...you two are getting awfully testy here.
That's right-when you call our President a "useful idiot" you've gone way over the line. Len
Well, I'm sorry but I genuinely think he is. When the whole world is basically crumbling around us in so many ways and becoming far more and more dangerous and threatening to the very survival of Western civilization, and he thinks the biggest threat the world faces right now is global warming -- I think he is incredibly stupid to say the very least.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:31 am

rwetmore wrote:
Well, I'm sorry but I genuinely think he is. ...I think he is incredibly stupid to say the very least.
He's not an idiot and he's not stupid-so far he's managed to keep our boots off the ground and may it continue to be so-what you genuinely think matters less and less to me. Regards, Len

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU4x0pbLeaw

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:52 am

lennygoran wrote:
rwetmore wrote:
Well, I'm sorry but I genuinely think he is. ...I think he is incredibly stupid to say the very least.
He's not an idiot and he's not stupid
I'm sorry but I think he absolutely is without equivocation.
lennygoran wrote:-so far he's managed to keep our boots off the ground and may it continue to be so-what you genuinely think matters less and less to me. Regards, Len

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU4x0pbLeaw
Trump himself has echoed much of Paul's sentiments there. In fact, Trump was against the war in Iraq, and has said on more than one occasion that a President needs to exercise restraint and good judgement when deciding or not deciding to use military force. You think Obama is some sort of genius for being against going into Iraq, yet Trump was as well and you give him no credit for that.

Trump wants to build up the military so we (hopefully) won't have to use it, where as Obama wants to and has downsized and weakened the military substantially. The message I get from Trump is he too wants to keep our boots off the ground if at all possible, but the difference is he wants to achieve it from a position of great military strength and leadership, where as Obama can and is only trying to do it from a position of immense weakness and fear.

I don't get the impression at all that Trump is any kind of war hawk. In fact, I get the exact opposite message from him, which you would think those on your side would like.
Last edited by rwetmore on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:54 am

BTW, I don't think Obama is stupid for wanting to try to keep our boots off the ground. It's the way he's going about trying to do it that I think is foolish (and incredibly naïve).
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:15 am

rwetmore wrote: I don't get the impression at all that Trump is any kind of war hawk. In fact, I get the exact opposite message from him, which you would think those on your side would like.
You're incredibly naive-otherwise there's no way you could support this blowhard-Trump is in a class by himself when it comes to making and understanding government policy. Regards, Len

Auntie Lynn

Post by Auntie Lynn » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:10 am

Of course BHO is not a "useful idiot" - he's just an idiot...checked his performance rating lately? It's not even on the charts...

There's already a zillion twits out there trying to rationalize why they voted for him in the first place!

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:22 am

Auntie Lynn wrote:Of course BHO is not a "useful idiot" - he's just an idiot...checked his performance rating lately? It's not even on the charts...
Considering what he's been up against with people like you around his record has been great-just got his Iran deal through, got us out of a terrible recession, still not many boots on the ground, no disgusting scandals, got Obamacare through-could have been a better plan except for people like you and the Republican Congressman-never got his workfare through but it sure wasn't his fault--talk about useless--it's you and yours who are useless! One things for sure-no idiotic Trump Wall will be built while he's President-well even most of the other Republican candidates understand that. Regards, Len :evil:

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:45 am

Auntie Lynn wrote:Of course BHO is not a "useful idiot" - he's just an idiot...checked his performance rating lately? It's not even on the charts...

There's already a zillion twits out there trying to rationalize why they voted for him in the first place!
No, I really think he's a 'useful idiot' and that it is the operative term that best describes him. I truly believe someone or some group of people saw him many years ago and realized he be would a good puppet to use to advance an agenda that otherwise would stand no chance in America (i.e an agenda they know wasn't wanted and would never be voted for by a majority -- if they knew what it actually was). That deep voice and his ability to theatrically act all erudite and highly intellectually measured in front of the camera wows the troops and has apparently duped so many. They actually think he's really smart and has intellectual depth, when in reality he's a complete know-nothing. Without a teleprompter he can barely form a coherent sentence. I'm more and seeing him as just a little kid that doesn't know anything at all, yet somehow thinks he knows better than everyone else and knows how to run the world better than anyone else. That is, effectively the mind of a spoiled child in an adult's body.

Take the climate change issue -- he doesn't know anything -- he's like a little kid for crying out loud, yet he wants to shove this down our throats, the limits of the constitution be damned. It's unbelievably ridiculous.

I'm still amazed that apparently so few people (even on the left) don't see it.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

Auntie Lynn

Post by Auntie Lynn » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:49 pm

And once more with feeling (how often do I have to repeat this)...the recession was ended by the due diligence and hard work of the American working stiff, of which I am one, and NOT by anything generated from the White House - how is that possible when BHO only talks to Valerie Jarrett and can't get along with anyone...except maybe his Prisoner wife, and there's speculation about that...

You can bet The Donald will meet with Netanyahu...instanter...

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:43 pm

Trump calls into CNN to answer questions about the guy at rally and other things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS_FgY7BeEc
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

Auntie Lynn

Post by Auntie Lynn » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:55 pm

$500,000,000 to train 4-5 Syrian rebels - I should have thought you could buy all of Syria for that kind of pelf...

Gonna be interesting to see how this assemblage rationalizes that...

John F

Post by John F » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:25 pm

So what? Polls like that are worthless as a measure of a President's achievement, especially when he's still in office. They only measure popular opinion at some arbitrary point in time. This may forecast his chances of reelection, for what that's worth - but since President Obama is in his second term and can't run for reelection, such polls are meaningless. Only an idiot would believe otherwise. :mrgreen:
John Francis

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:40 am

Wow...Mark Levin not happy with the debate (to say the least), and he thinks Fiorina is a closet establishment candidate. Worth a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ue6F-blFug
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:45 pm

Trump goes on Meet the Press and answers a lot of tough questions, including foreign policy questions if anyone's interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GwG1_TkhQI
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Latest Trump polling data:

http://morningconsult.com/2015/09/poll- ... -under-50/

He seems to be hovering around 30% still, where as Carson has gone down a lot.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

piston

Post by piston » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Speaking of entertainment, I'm looking forward to the Colbert-Trump show tonight.
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:05 pm

Latest Trump interview. He discusses his immigration plan (still lacking real details), his views on global warming, and the Pope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N39UQDzsd3o
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Latest Trump rally in Oklahoma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msYyzPYaIdM

The man is a completely ridiculous piece of work.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:52 pm

Trump press conference on his tax plan today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj6uHaUJCAE
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

Proton

Post by Proton » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:10 am

rwetmore wrote:Latest Trump rally in Oklahoma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msYyzPYaIdM

The man is a completely ridiculous piece of work.
Well, for once we agree on something! :lol: :lol:

"A lie can run around the world before the truth can get its boots on."
James Watt

“No government has the right to decide on the truth of scientific principles, nor to prescribe in any way the character of the questions investigated."
Richard Feynman
The Quantum Universe has a quotation from me in every chapter — but it's a damn good book anyway.”
Richard Feynman

Agnes Selby
Author of Constanze Mozart's biography

Post by Agnes Selby » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:13 am

I just saw the Trump interview on CNN. The man has high praise for himself.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:00 am

Agnes Selby wrote:I just saw the Trump interview on CNN. The man has high praise for himself.
Agnes the braggart can do no wrong-make no apology ever-oh he admitted he's been a little childish at times. Still he remains the most disliked of all the candidates in either party according to a poll I saw. Regards, Len

"Donald Trump is simultaneously the most widely disliked candidate in the Republican field and, at least for now, among its front-runners, according to new polls that illustrate how deeply polarizing the billionaire real estate developer is.

Almost half of voters surveyed don't just have an unfavorable view of Trump, but a "very unfavorable" one, according to a Economist/YouGov poll released Thursday. Almost 1 in 3 registered Republicans has a very unfavorable opinion -- far more than for any other GOP candidate."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-tru ... story.html

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:28 pm

If anyone is interested, here is the latest rally from Trump. He goes into quite a bit of detail on his tax plan among other things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U2wm2AIyC4
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence

Post by karlhenning » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:40 am

lennygoran wrote:
Agnes Selby wrote:I just saw the Trump interview on CNN. The man has high praise for himself.
Agnes the braggart can do no wrong-make no apology ever-oh he admitted he's been a little childish at times. Still he remains the most disliked of all the candidates in either party according to a poll I saw. Regards, Len

"Donald Trump is simultaneously the most widely disliked candidate in the Republican field and, at least for now, among its front-runners, according to new polls that illustrate how deeply polarizing the billionaire real estate developer is.
He is the poster child for The Unexamined Life, which is part of what the baser element in the G.O.P. votership are finding so intoxicatingly attractive.

. . . and which is why I am glad he is part of the circus. His campaign this year will prove a long-term liability against the G.O.P. brand. The saner quadrant of the party understand this — yet, they are powerless before it.

Now if we could only shake Hillary, who is a comparable liability against the Democrats . . . .

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:03 am

karlhenning wrote: Now if we could only shake Hillary, who is a comparable liability against the Democrats . . . .

Cheers,
~k.[/color]
Karl I have to admit I'm becoming more and more comfortable with Biden-this email stuff doesn't look like it's going away. Of course a battle between Biden and Hillary could be rough too. Poor Bernie-actually his ideas are the most appealing to me of all-the power of the 1/10th is despicable--still what does he know about foreign policy. Regards, Len :(

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:42 pm

BTW, it is interesting that polling shows that Trump -- personally -- is the by far most widely and strongly disliked of all the candidates. However, I think the mistake people may be making is they are assuming it means most people won't vote for him due to not particularly liking him personally (i.e. his antics, etc.). That assumption, however, may be wrong -- both for the primary and in the general election should he get the nomination. The immensely high desire among the electorate to thwart the political establishment of both parties may be enough to supersede personal dislike of Trump.

We'll have to see what happens, but that he's polling very negatively in personal appeal doesn't concern me all that much, though I do think he'd be wise to tone down his politically incorrect antics a bit and focus more on substance, which he does actually have quite a bit of despite criticisms of the contrary.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence

Post by karlhenning » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:17 am

lennygoran wrote:
karlhenning wrote: Now if we could only shake Hillary, who is a comparable liability against the Democrats . . . .
Karl I have to admit I'm becoming more and more comfortable with Biden-this email stuff doesn't look like it's going away. Of course a battle between Biden and Hillary could be rough too. Poor Bernie-actually his ideas are the most appealing to me of all-the power of the 1/10th is despicable--still what does he know about foreign policy. Regards, Len :(
Cheers, Len! Sure is an . . . innnteresting cycle! : )
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Here are a few interesting ones as of late:

Full Speech: Donald Trump Speaks to Minority Business Leaders in South Carolina (9-23-15):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lABQ_Lu6fG8

and

FULL Speech: Donald Trump Fires Up The Crowd at Franklin, TN Rally (10-3-15):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHPqqUufQ0E

If this is the one I think it is, it's one of his best and most substantive speeches.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

piston

Post by piston » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Jorge Ramos, an American citizen, is speaking on Fresh Air tonight. A few power points:

--When he requested an interview with Trump, before the confrontation in Iowa, Trump didn't reply. Rather, he posted Ramos' letter and cell phone number on twitter to basically destroy his cell phone;
--When Trump expelled Ramos from the Iowa conference, it was the first time in Ramos' journalistic career that he was expelled from a conference room, including in Venezuela, Cuba, etc. Trump was doing this to the applause of China's authoritarian regime;
--Trump realized he had made a big mistake --attack on freedom of the press in the USA-- and got his goon to bring Ramos back in the conference room. But of course Trump would not respond to any subsequent Ramos question.

When Trump attacks he does not want to hear questions from the very people he is attacking.

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:01 am

piston wrote:Jorge Ramos, an American citizen, is speaking on Fresh Air tonight. A few power points:

--When he requested an interview with Trump, before the confrontation in Iowa, Trump didn't reply. Rather, he posted Ramos' letter and cell phone number on twitter to basically destroy his cell phone;
--When Trump expelled Ramos from the Iowa conference, it was the first time in Ramos' journalistic career that he was expelled from a conference room, including in Venezuela, Cuba, etc. Trump was doing this to the applause of China's authoritarian regime;
--Trump realized he had made a big mistake --attack on freedom of the press in the USA-- and got his goon to bring Ramos back in the conference room. But of course Trump would not respond to any subsequent Ramos question.

When Trump attacks he does not want to hear questions from the very people he is attacking.
Did you actually watch that entire incident and encounter in full? Because I did, and Ramos absolutely deserved to be thrown out, as he was being ridiculously rude and unreasonable. He was basically acting like a raving mad man. When he was allowed back in, he was a little better, and Trump did attempt to answer his questions. He just didn't like or didn't want to hear the answers. There was no censorship of the man's views or questions, nor any attack on the freedom of the press. In fact, Trump has been more willing and more open than virtually any other candidate to take a barrage of questions from the press on a regular basis.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

piston

Post by piston » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:42 pm

How could I not watch hit?! It's you who don't know half of the background story!

By the way, do you or anyone else here know the origin of the name "The Donald"? It's a pretty hilarious immigrant story. :lol:

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:18 am

Another revealing Trump interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZoR9A6AT4k

Discusses the latest trade deal and other things.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Another with Bret Baier yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ZcJo465rY
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:54 am

Oh boy they're getting desperate now. Check this out:

Busted ! CNN Uses Jeb Bush Staffer Planted In Audience To Frame Donald Trump Narrative/Hit Job….

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... vehit-job/
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am

Trump: Economic bubble about to burst

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/25 ... t-to-burst

I fear he's probably right. :(
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Here is some most interesting recent polling data on Trump:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/republicans-t ... 13564.html

It may explain why he's still dominating in the polls.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence

Post by karlhenning » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:52 pm

When he's ahead in the polls, they're great. When he isn't ahead in the polls, polling isn't very scientific.

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence

Post by karlhenning » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:04 am

Trump slips to second. Can he make his campaign great again?

El Tupé will opine that those polls which do not have him at the top, are losers!

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence

Post by karlhenning » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:12 am

And how has he made it through life without learning that fundamental lesson, that the nice person doesn't need to tell people repeatedly how nice he is?

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts

John F

Post by John F » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:01 pm

And of course he isn't - Trump is of the school of Leo Durocher.
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:19 pm

John F wrote:And of course he isn't - Trump is of the school of Leo Durocher.
Where`s carl furillo when we need him! Len :lol:

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Here is a really, really good one as of late.

Trump debuts new book, 'Crippled America', and takes a barrage of questions from the media (mostly not about the book):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSlXkOX6n3s

What other candidate, from either party, is so willing to take such a large barrage of random and totally unscripted questions from the media? He just thrives in that kind of situation unlike any other candidate (or President) I've ever seen. In fact, most of the candidates don't and never subject themselves to it, like Hillary especially. If she does two cup cake media interviews a year, that's a lot. And it always a big façade when she does. Yet no one ever notices stuff like this, where as I most certainly do. It reveals an awful lot to the critical thinker...
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:42 pm

karlhenning wrote:When he's ahead in the polls, they're great. When he isn't ahead in the polls, polling isn't very scientific.

Cheers,
~k.
Not necessarily, but it's likely no coincidence that when he does fall behind someone it's usually only in one poll and not a majority.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:49 pm

The 64 million dollar question though is where will Carson's supporters go when he fades (assuming he fades which seems inevitable to me)? If they mostly go to Trump, he would be nearly impossible to beat for the nomination. If not, he's vulnerable. No one knows the answer, though it is somewhat curious how much the two of them are dominating the polls by orders of magnitude over the other candidates. One thing that might happen is none of the establishment candidates make it to the end and it comes down to Trump vs. Carson. That would be interesting.

What are people theories or thoughts on all of this?
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:54 pm

karlhenning wrote:And how has he made it through life without learning that fundamental lesson, that the nice person doesn't need to tell people repeatedly how nice he is?
Yes, but there is key part of this that is important. The way he tells people he *thinks* he's actually a nice person is done with a certain humility and with a question mark. He also doesn't bring it up all that much. I've seen him address it a few times at rallies, but it's hardly something he's out there pushing on regular basis.
- Aldous Huxley

-Winston Churchill

–Charles Mackay

-Thomas Sowell

-John F. (of CMG)