Trump-Carly

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Trump-Carly

Post by lennygoran » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:02 am

There he goes again-what a blowhard:

a person who blusters and boasts in an unpleasant way.
"a bunch of pompous blowhards trying to get on the news"

"When the anchor throws to Carly Fiorina for her reaction to Trump's momentum, Trump's expression sours in schoolboy disgust as the camera bores in on Fiorina. "Look at that face!" he cries. "Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?!" The laughter grows halting and faint behind him. "I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"

Fox News' Megyn Kelly, who has herself been on the receiving end of some of Trump's insults, had Fiorina on her show "The Kelly File" as a guest Wednesday night. She read part of Trump's quote to Fiorina and asked for her reaction.

"I think those comments speak for themselves and all the many, many thousands for voters out there that are helping me climbing in the polls - yes, they are very furious," Fiorina responded, adding, "I won't spend a single cycle wondering what Donald Trump means - but just maybe I am getting under his skin a little bit because I am climbing in the polls."

Regards, Len :(

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trum ... ppearance/

John F

Re: Trump-Carly

Post by John F » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:47 am

It's a strong face. I'll bet he's scared of her. And in the second debate, he'll have to face her in person.
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:31 pm

John F wrote:It's a strong face. I'll bet he's scared of her. And in the second debate, he'll have to face her in person.
Yes and while I'm not necessarily a fan of bobby jindal he sure got it right today on Trump! Regards, Len

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el ... st-n425071

Proton

Post by Proton » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:09 pm

John F wrote:It's a strong face. I'll bet he's scared of her. And in the second debate, he'll have to face her in person.

And then she will have to defend her abysmal record as CEO of Hewlett-Packard. Good luck with that. :lol:

"A lie can run around the world before the truth can get its boots on."
James Watt

“No government has the right to decide on the truth of scientific principles, nor to prescribe in any way the character of the questions investigated."
Richard Feynman
The Quantum Universe has a quotation from me in every chapter — but it's a damn good book anyway.”
Richard Feynman

John F

Post by John F » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:48 pm

Well, H-P didn't go bankrupt repeatedly when she was there... :)
John Francis

Proton

Post by Proton » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:50 pm

John F wrote:Well, H-P didn't go bankrupt repeatedly when she was there... :)

Always with the silver lining, eh? :lol:

James Watt

“No government has the right to decide on the truth of scientific principles, nor to prescribe in any way the character of the questions investigated."
Richard Feynman
The Quantum Universe has a quotation from me in every chapter — but it's a damn good book anyway.”
Richard Feynman

John F

Post by John F » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:23 am

Well, if one's record as a business CEO is an issue (and I say it's not), let's draft Ross Perot - he's only 85. :mrgreen:

As for Ms. Fiorino, the Wikipedia account isn't exactly damning:
In July 1999, HP appointed Carly Fiorina as CEO, the first female CEO of a company in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Fiorina served as CEO during the technology industry downturn of the early 2000s. During her tenure, the market value of HP halved and the company incurred heavy job losses. The HP Board of Directors asked Fiorina to step down in 2005, and she resigned on February 9, 2005.
The major event of those 6 years was the merger of H-P with Compaq, which made H-P the world's largest maker of personal computers and, of course, increased its market share. Since then, H-P has continued to make major acquisitions, more CEOs have bitten the dust, etc. etc. Maybe H-P is unmanageable.

Fiorina is not my candidate - no Republican is - but I take her more seriously than Donald Trump does. If "serious" applies to anything Trump has been doing since he bulled his way into the Republican race.
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:45 am

Proton wrote:
And then she will have to defend her abysmal record as CEO of Hewlett-Packard. Good luck with that. :lol:
But he didn't stick to that-he zeroed in on the face and now is saying he only meant persona-what a fraud he is. Regards, Len :evil:

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence

Post by karlhenning » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:04 am

Anyway, look at Trump's face: who could vote for that?

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:39 am

karlhenning wrote:Anyway, look at Trump's face: who could vote for that?

Cheers,
~k.
Karl the face is okay-it's his persona that stinks! Regards, Len :lol:

Proton

Post by Proton » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:44 am

John F wrote:Well, if one's record as a business CEO is an issue (and I say it's not), let's draft Ross Perot - he's only 85. :mrgreen:
I would agree, except when a candidate's experience as CEO is being touted as a particular qualification for office, then that person's record as CEO had better withstand close inspection and in Fiorina's case I would say it doesn't:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fac ... ss-record/

John F wrote:As for Ms. Fiorino, the Wikipedia account isn't exactly damning:
In July 1999, HP appointed Carly Fiorina as CEO, the first female CEO of a company in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Fiorina served as CEO during the technology industry downturn of the early 2000s. During her tenure, the market value of HP halved and the company incurred heavy job losses. The HP Board of Directors asked Fiorina to step down in 2005, and she resigned on February 9, 2005.
The major event of those 6 years was the merger of H-P with Compaq, which made H-P the world's largest maker of personal computers and, of course, increased its market share. Since then, H-P has continued to make major acquisitions, more CEOs have bitten the dust, etc. etc. Maybe H-P is unmanageable.
Not exactly glowing praise either. Again, Fiorina's performance as CEO of HP is a matter of record.

James Watt

Richard Feynman
Richard Feynman

Auntie Lynn

Post by Auntie Lynn » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:41 pm

Face it, sports fans, nobody gives a hoot in Hades about Carly...get over it...

It's already slipping below the fold - try page 32...

Proton

Post by Proton » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:48 pm

Auntie Lynn wrote:Face it, sports fans, nobody gives a hoot in Hades about Carly...get over it...

It's already slipping below the fold - try page 32...

We never got on it....

James Watt

Richard Feynman
Richard Feynman

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Trump says by her 'face' he meant her persona -- not her looks. Now something tells me none of you are going to believe this, even though 'face' is a ubiquitously listed synonym for the word 'persona'.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

Proton

Post by Proton » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:50 pm

rwetmore wrote:Trump says by her 'face' he meant her persona -- not her looks. Now something tells me none of you are going to believe this, even though 'face' is a ubiquitously listed synonym for the word 'persona'.

Yes, I never forget a persona.
Do you shave your persona with a blade or an electric razor?
Last edited by Proton on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James Watt

Richard Feynman
Richard Feynman

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence

Post by karlhenning » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:50 am

rwetmore wrote:Trump says by her 'face' he meant her persona -- not her looks.
And you swallow this, is what you're saying?

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

John F

Post by John F » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:55 am

Trump doesn't shine when on the defensive. Being offensive is his thing. :mrgreen:
John Francis

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:06 am

karlhenning wrote:
~k.
No, though I suppose it's possible.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

Proton

Post by Proton » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:26 am

rwetmore wrote:
karlhenning wrote:
~k.
No, though I suppose it's possible.
Hook, line & sinker! :lol: :lol: :lol:

James Watt

Richard Feynman
Richard Feynman