Activists demand UN ‘revoke’ credentials of ‘climate deniers

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

rwetmore

Activists demand UN ‘revoke’ credentials of ‘climate deniers

Post by rwetmore » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:38 am

Activists demand UN ‘revoke’ credentials of ‘climate deniers’ in Paris – Claim ‘Climate Hustle’ film is ‘full of lies’ – without seeing it – Warn skeptics may ‘derail’ UN treaty

http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/12/06/ ... ptics-may/

Isn't this lovely. The evidence is so transparent and overwhelming that decent now has to be silenced. What a wonderful, disciplined and enlightened world we live in.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

John F

Re: Activists demand UN ‘revoke’ credentials of ‘climate den

Post by John F » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:39 am

This blurb is so vague that it's impossible to tell exactly who wants to do exactly what to exactly whom. If you'll post a properly detailed piece from a genuine news source, that might be worth commenting on. I'll look too.

P.S. It appears that this and many other hits on the subject all link to a single article, in The Australian, and that article is behind a pay wall. All we have, then, is the brief and vague piece on ClimateDepot - a web site owned by Marc Morano, the former producer of the Rush Limbaugh radio show, a public relations consultant and climate change denier who is also the "host" in "Climate Hustle." ClimateDepot isn't a news source but Morano's propaganda outlet. More generally, it appears there's nothing Morano won't do to promote his agenda; for example, he has repeatedly published the e-mail addresses of climate scientists who publish serious work he can't refute, so that other deniers can send hate mail. A critique of his work is here:

http://www.dailykos.com/blog/cgibosn

Still looking for something - anything - about this credentials row from some source other than Marc Morano.

As for "Climate Hustle," a trailer for the film has been onYouTube for more than a year. "The film's trailer mostly indicates the movie is a showcase of Morano's personality, offering no new factual information for climate change advocates to consider." (http://www.desmogblog.com/marc-morano)
John Francis

rwetmore

Re: Activists demand UN ‘revoke’ credentials of ‘climate den

Post by rwetmore » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:13 pm

John F wrote:P.S. It appears that this and many other hits on the subject all link to a single article, in The Australian, and that article is behind a pay wall. All we have, then, is the brief and vague piece on ClimateDepot - a web site owned by Marc Morano, the former producer of the Rush Limbaugh radio show, a public relations consultant and climate change denier who is also the "host" in "Climate Hustle."
How many times does it have to be said that there is no such thing as a climate change denier? I mean, have we not beaten that to death yet? Yes, I know Morano is associated with Limbaugh (heaven forbid).
John F wrote:ClimateDepot isn't a news source but Morano's propaganda outlet. More generally, it appears there's nothing Morano won't do to promote his agenda; for example, he has repeatedly published the e-mail addresses of climate scientists who publish serious work he can't refute, so that other deniers can send hate mail. A critique of his work is here:

http://www.dailykos.com/blog/cgibosn

Still looking for something - anything - about this credentials row from some source other than Marc Morano.
This is silly. Yes, Morano is pushing a particular agenda on the issue -- that's no secret. What do you think other such sites like skepticalscience.com and and realclimate.org are doing? When Morano starts trying to silence or suppress the other side, let me know. The fact that he's posted email addresses of climate scientists doesn't imply it's so people can send hate mail (though of course some can). They must be publically listed addresses anyway. I myself have emailed many climate scientists to ask questions about their papers. All of them dutifully replied. BTW, do you think so-called skeptical scientists don't get hate mail? Lindzen, Spencer? They surely do -- probably on a regular basis.

John F wrote:As for "Climate Hustle," a trailer for the film has been onYouTube for more than a year. "The film's trailer mostly indicates the movie is a showcase of Morano's personality, offering no new factual information for climate change advocates to consider." (http://www.desmogblog.com/marc-morano)
I don't care about the film itself, though I suppose I should watch it when it comes out. Maybe I will.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)