Unappreciated NYC Snow This AM

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Unappreciated NYC Snow This AM

Post by lennygoran » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:39 pm

As we were closing down our latest NYC trip I went to get the car on the street to drive to the hotel to pick up Sue and the luggage-didn't like finding this condition-last 2 photos are our car. Anyway it worked out okay and now the snow is gone up my way and the sun is shining! Regards, Len :lol:

John F

Re: Unappreciated NYC Snow This AM

Post by John F » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:06 pm

Did it snow? I hadn't noticed. Anyway, this of all winters is no time to be complaining about the weather! Not with high temperatures in the 60s predicted for next week, with February barely over. Or are you joining the rwetmore camp that all this is an illusion and isn't really happening? :mrgreen:
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:08 pm

John F wrote:Or are you joining the rwetmore camp that all this is an illusion and isn't really happening? :mrgreen:
Ooh that is a low blow! Regards, Len :lol: :lol: :lol:

John F

Post by John F » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:33 pm

I guess it is unfair. After all, you're a born New Yorker and as such, a born complainer. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:43 pm

John F wrote:I guess it is unfair. After all, you're a born New Yorker and as such, a born complainer. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That's right-there's plenty to complain about-driving down 11th Ave at 12 in the afternoon and encountering a massive traffic jam due to construction and closing of lanes-attempting to extricate myself by making a left on to a west 50th street to get to Columbus Ave that had no sign indicating it was a dead end-there's plenty more I could bring up-parking machines that don't work, that log jam that's been there forever down by 9th Ave and 42nd st-bah! Regards, Len :lol:

rwetmore

Post by rwetmore » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:07 pm

John F wrote:Or are you joining the rwetmore camp that all this is an illusion and isn't really happening? :mrgreen:
Oh, it's definitely happening. It's called El Nino. Take a look at this. +0.83C (a new record) for February:

http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/ ... 016_v6.gif
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)