lenquiz

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

lenquiz

Post by lennygoran » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:23 pm

URL=http://s116.photobucket.com/user/lensue ... p.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

A 2 part question-where is this in photo 2 and in photo 1 is that the bed in our hotel room or some place else? Len

rwetmore

Re: lenquiz

Post by rwetmore » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:45 pm

You got me. I don't have a clue.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:51 pm

rwetmore wrote:You got me. I don't have a clue.
You`re not trying hard enough-you know my hobbies-okay another clue-everything is south of where we live and where you live! Len :)

John F

Post by John F » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:06 am

To Americans, a top hat symbolizes Abraham Lincoln first of all. (Then maybe Fred Astaire. :) ) Is that Lincoln's death bed?
John Francis

Ricordanza

Post by Ricordanza » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:35 am

The flowers seem to be the major clue. My guess for photo 1 is the Philadelphia Flower Show, and photo 2 is the Philadelphia skyline, including the Comcast building.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:45 am

John F wrote:To Americans, a top hat symbolizes Abraham Lincoln first of all. (Then maybe Fred Astaire. :) ) Is that Lincoln's death bed?
John actually lincoln figures in the show-this year the Philadelphia Flower Show had as it`s theme a celebration of the national parks. Len

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:50 am

Henry you`re right on all counts-a very imaginative show this year. BTW yesterday we used our septa senior cards for the first time on a bus here in Philly-free-what a deal. Len