Not Wanted in My Garden

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Not Wanted in My Garden

Post by lennygoran » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:15 am

Great day of garden viewing and bird watching-this non native guy and his relatives seem to be thriving here at the morikami japanese gardens in delray beach. Len

Ricordanza

Re: Not Wanted in My Garden

Post by Ricordanza » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:37 am

Not likely to thrive in our New Jersey climate, but putting that aside, why wouldn't you want him? He's kinda cute.

lennygoran

Re: Not Wanted in My Garden

Post by lennygoran » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:20 am

Ricordanza wrote:Not likely to thrive in our New Jersey climate, but putting that aside, why wouldn't you want him? He's kinda cute.
Henry down here they`re eating alott of plants in gardens-they`re vegetarians-also leave their poop around. May also be eating the leaves that the famed blue butterfly of florida needs to survive. They can get to 6 feet-long powerful tails and spines. I was reading about it raining iguanas when the temps got kind of low and they all came tumbling down to the ground from the trees in great numbers. Apparently the pet trade is blamed for their increase here in florida where they are not a native species. Len