Which To Watch-Comey or Gorsuch Hearing

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Which To Watch-Comey or Gorsuch Hearing

Post by lennygoran » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:36 am

Anyone know where these hearings can be watched-any opinions on which will be more dramtic? Regards, Len :)

John F

Re: Which To Watch-Comey or Gorsuch Hearing

Post by John F » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 am

In my case, neither. But if I wanted to watch them, I'd first look at C-Span 1, 2, or 3.
John Francis

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:14 am

John F wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 am
In my case, neither. But if I wanted to watch them, I'd first look at C-Span 1, 2, or 3.
Thanks, for some reason I've never gone to them but this might be the first time-I have to check if my Comcast has them all--I think I'd go for the Comey one even though he may not reveal that much-one can at least hope. Regards, Len

Ricordanza

Post by Ricordanza » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:50 am

lennygoran wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:14 am
I think I'd go for the Comey one even though he may not reveal that much-one can at least hope. Regards, Len
Gorsuch will carefully avoid saying anything that reveals his opinion on any of the issues likely to come before the Supreme Court. On the other hand, there's a fair chance that Comey will have something to say on the "wiretap" allegation as well as the Russia investigation. As one commentator noted, why would Comey agree to appear before the committee unless he had something to say?

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:30 am

Ricordanza wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:50 am
Gorsuch will carefully avoid saying anything that reveals his opinion on any of the issues likely to come before the Supreme Court. On the other hand, there's a fair chance that Comey will have something to say on the "wiretap" allegation as well as the Russia investigation. As one commentator noted, why would Comey agree to appear before the committee unless he had something to say?
Henry thanks-I agree the Comey should be better to watch-on why Comey is appearing wouldn't he be forced to appear-could he refuse and what would be the consequences for that? Regards, Len

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:37 am

lennygoran wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:36 am
Anyone know where these hearings can be watched-any opinions on which will be more dramtic? Regards, Len :)
A followup-watched it all on CNN-at one point the Spicer press briefing interfered but a CSpan station had it going-a very exciting event for me although watching the whole thing was kind of draining. Regards, Len

Ricordanza

Post by Ricordanza » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:02 am

Ricordanza wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:50 am
lennygoran wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:14 am
I think I'd go for the Comey one even though he may not reveal that much-one can at least hope. Regards, Len
I watched a good part of the Comey/Rogers hearing on CNN and heard both explicitly shoot down Trump's allegation about Obama's wiretap of Trump Tower as well as the allegation that British intelligence performed this surveillance at Obama's request.

But, as we all know, Trump will not take back this claim because he never admits he's wrong. Even sadder, the millions of followers of our Demagogue in Chief will continue to support him whatever he says and does.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:18 am

Ricordanza wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:02 am
I watched a good part of the Comey/Rogers hearing on CNN and heard both explicitly shoot down Trump's allegation about Obama's wiretap of Trump Tower as well as the allegation that British intelligence performed this surveillance at Obama's request.
Henry I was very happy with what I saw-a cloud has been put over all these Trump people and maybe even Trump himself-sure hope there's more to come-maybe a special prosecutor, maybe subpoenas! Regards, Len :D