Trump rings up Post reporter Bob Costa and admits defeat

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

Trump rings up Post reporter Bob Costa and admits defeat

Post by jserraglio » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:12 am

President Trump called me on my cellphone Friday afternoon at 3:31 p.m. At first I thought it was a reader with a complaint since it was a blocked number. Instead, it was the president calling from the Oval Office. His voice was even, his tone muted. He did not bury the lead. “Hello, Bob,” Trump began. “So, we just pulled it.”

[/quote]full story--->https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos ... 01b3aa9040

John F

Re: Trump rings up Post reporter Bob Costa and admits defeat

Post by John F » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:02 pm

More BS from the Bozo-in-chief. Of course the Democrats "own" the ACA. They wrote it, they passed it, President Obama signed it into law and it's his proudest achievement, and they've defended it ever since against dozens of Republican House votes to repeal. All the Democrats now in the House won election or re-election as members of the party of Obamacare. Why would they now join Republicans trying to cripple or kill it? Instead they've been joined by 33 Republicans thanks to whom, according to Speaker Ryan, we're going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future. That's better than dying without it.
John Francis

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:39 am

Pelosi on Obamacare: Yes, we own it and we are proud of it.

Donald Largemouth could (but never will) jawbone the insurance companies like he did the auto companies: No tickee, no laundry. You won't do business with Obamacare? Suit yourself, but you won't be doing business with Medicare either.

Then watch them stampede back to the ACA exchanges. Medicare is the insurance industry's cash cow, not Obamacare's older, sicker, poorer folks. And Trumpcare would have undercut the welfare of that constituency in the very states that voted for DJT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ItMtqiVs0

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:57 am

I liked this tweet from a conservative columnist! Regards, Len :lol: