Dying to know, Mr. President: Were those 59 cruise missiles manned?

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

Dying to know, Mr. President: Were those 59 cruise missiles manned?

Post by jserraglio » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:12 am

One question. Maria Bartiromo asked it more acutely in her Fox Business News interview with Trump but the President ignored her: possibly he did not know the answer: "Mr. President, the 59 cruise missiles you launched into Syria, were they manned or unmanned?"
TRUMP: . . . I will tell you, only because you've treated me so good for so long, I have to (INAUDIBLE) right?

I was sitting at the table. We had finished dinner. We're now having dessert. And we had the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you've ever seen and President Xi was enjoying it.

And I was given the message from the generals that the ships are locked and loaded, what do you do?

And we made a determination to do it, so the missiles were on the way. And I said, Mr. President, let me explain something to you. This was during dessert.

We've just fired 59 missiles, all of which hit, by the way, unbelievable, from, you know, hundreds of miles away, all of which hit, amazing.

BARTIROMO: Unmanned?
Brilliant.

TRUMP: It's so incredible. It's brilliant. It's genius. Our technology, our equipment, is better than anybody by a factor of five. I mean look, we have, in terms of technology, nobody can even come close to competing.

Now we're going to start getting it, because, you know, the military has been cut back and depleted so badly by the past administration and by the war in Iraq, which was another disaster.

So what happens is I said we've just launched 59 missiles heading to Iraq and I wanted you to know this. And he was eating his cake. And he was silent.

BARTIROMO: (INAUDIBLE) to Syria?

TRUMP: Yes. Heading toward Syria.
Last edited by jserraglio on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

lennygoran

Re: Dying to know, Mr. President:Were those 59 cruise missiles manned or unmanned?

Post by lennygoran » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:18 am

I didn't know you were also putting this in a new thread but I ask the same question I just asked in the Times thread I posted:

I'm confused-are you equating what you quote from the interview

BARTIROMO: Unmanned? Brilliant.

with this

""Mr. President, I'm dying to know: were the 49 cruise missiles you fired into Syria manned or unmanned?"

Regards, Len

jserraglio

Re: Dying to know, Mr. President:Were those 59 cruise missiles manned or unmanned?

Post by jserraglio » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:23 am

Right, It would be mighty white of Trump to answer an honest question.
Last edited by jserraglio on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 am

jserraglio wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:23 am
Not a bit of it. Ya gotta go by your gut not your head, just like our President does.
No way do I want to go like Trump does-the amount of flip flops has reached epic proportions-for now he's coming after Russia and Putin finally and he's back with Nato! Regards, Len :D

jserraglio

Re: Dying to know, Mr. President:Were those 59 cruise missiles manned?

Post by jserraglio » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:40 am

lennygoran wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 am
jserraglio wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:23 am
Not a bit of it. Ya gotta go by your gut not your head, just like our President does.
No way do I want to go like Trump does-the amount of flip flops has reached epic proportions-for now he's coming after Russia and Putin finally and he's back with Nato! Regards, Len :D
Well, he probably really thinks he solved all these problems. Xi Jinping made allowances when he dealt with this proverbial American ingenue and patiently tutored him on the complexities of China/Korea history. Imagine Zhou Enlai lecturing Nixon or Kissinger!

lennygoran

Re: Dying to know, Mr. President:Were those 59 cruise missiles manned?

Post by lennygoran » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:24 am

jserraglio wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:40 am
Imagine Zhou Enlai lecturing Nixon or Kissinger!
This made me think of Adams opera Nixon in China.. Regards, Len :lol: